5 gal. hydro bucket grow...cool stuff!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happiehippie

Reaction score
Hello peeps ! I am starting a 5 gal bucket grow with a drip system and some air stones in the bucket. I have an *** load of questions. What nutes and the strength would you guys go with, and has anybody tried this? I am starting with bag seed before I try the dank seeds to make sure I know What i'm doing, dont want to screw up the good (or the bad realy). I am using cfl lighting for this grow all the way threw (I know, theres better) cause of the heat factor and I am only using two 5 gal. buckets so it is only two plants for know, but you know there will be additions later on when rooms allow. How close and how many "lumans" per plant should I go with. I really app. you guys, helping out, piece!!!
The first bud I get is for you guys !!!!!!!!
:48: :48: :48:

Nutes--I like GH Flora Series. This is a 3 part nute-grow, micro, bloom.

Lights & heat--Watt for watt, lumen for lumen, CFLs put out MORE heat than HPS, cost more to purchase, and cost more to operate (more in electrical costs).

Lumens are not figured per plant, since plants can be tiny things that are put into 12/12 immediately upon sprouting or they can be monsters. The general rule is that you want 5000 lumens per sq ft.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Nutes--I like GH Flora Series. This is a 3 part nute-grow, micro, bloom.

Lights & heat--Watt for watt, lumen for lumen, CFLs put out MORE heat than HPS, cost more to purchase, and cost more to operate (more in electrical costs).

Lumens are not figured per plant, since plants can be tiny things that are put into 12/12 immediately upon sprouting or they can be monsters. The general rule is that you want 5000 lumens per sq ft.

THANKS HEMP !!! puten that stuff in my notebook....keep the good info rollen...(and the dubes) !!!!! peace :hippy:
THIS SMOKES ON ME...... :48:

happiehippie said:
THANKS HEMP !!! puten that stuff in my notebook....keep the good info rollen...(and the dubes) !!!!! peace :hippy:
THIS SMOKES ON ME...... :48:
id prefer flora nova grow/bloom because you get alot more plant food for your money a bottle of flora nova grow compared to flora series micro/grow/bloom would last you a lot longer

whiterussian said:
id prefer flora nova grow/bloom because you get alot more plant food for your money a bottle of flora nova grow compared to flora series micro/grow/bloom would last you a lot longer

Actually, the cost is about the same. The Flora Nova series cost a lot more per bottle than the regular Flora series. When you do the math it comes out about the same. I started with the 3 part formula so I could control the nutes better. I have since gone to the Lucas formula.

Very good product....I like to add Root 66 to the mix to aid in root production and help from getting root rot. Healthly roots mean bigger buds.[/QUOTE]

Good call on that route 66.. stuff works GREAT!! Smells a bit fishy, but great stuff..
:headbang2: :tokie:

like THG said,the lucas formula rocks.cheap as hell too.the best nutes and easiest to use,if ya can read.lol

without your guys info, I would be in trouble, thank you all.

LETS SMOKE...THIS ONES ON ME...:48:

The Hemp Goddess said:
Actually, the cost is about the same. The Flora Nova series cost a lot more per bottle than the regular Flora series. When you do the math it comes out about the same. I started with the 3 part formula so I could control the nutes better. I have since gone to the Lucas formula.
Damn Hemp Goddess, I want to marry you. Would your husband mind? Hydrowomen, pure heaven.

Latest posts

Back