Anyone else growing in an area where they have cool damp weather in the fall?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wil2279

Reaction score
I have almost given up on outdoor growing. The last year I tried growing outdoors, the weather was crazy rainy and wet. I was getting snails and slugs in the middle of the day because it was so wet and cool. That was a few years ago. I am considering putting out a couple of autos next summer in earthboxes. If you grow outdoors in cool damp weather, let me know what you are growing.

Hey bud. Here's a strain you might try. It seems to be good for wet areas. Also you might try mandala #1 and purple paro valley. Both could work but paro valley might make when nothing else does. Read the fertilizer guide also. Heavy feeding can lead to bud rot. They open back up in October.
What latitude are you. Even with a wet fall I never have enough bud rot to worry about. Maybe a nug or two. I think with several plants a couple nugs are common. Holler back if you have any ? Mandala Seeds Shop

I have grown the last couple of years outside in Central Massachusetts. Last year, we had a cold and wet late summer/fall and I lost over half my harvest due to bud rot and PM. This year has been the wettest summer in my memory. I have 2 autos going now and have had one plant(both the same Mephisto 24KT strain) that has been ravaged by bud rot even though I have brought them inside on occasion when rain was imminent. I started the autos thinking they would finish in late August or early September so I would dodge the wet fall. Nope. Maybe a different strain as longtimegrower is suggesting would work. I also have a photoperiod going that is in early flower but I don’t have confidence it will be any better than last year’s debacle…

If you do not keep the plants dry or shake and blow the wet out after a rain in the NE you will get rot, it is what they do.
I use a large automatic awning and put it out halfway and anchor down the ends so a strong wind does not rip it from house. I move plants under it when it looks like rain, and for extra high humidity days I shake the branches everyday and use electric blower to dry them also.

I have almost given up on outdoor growing. The last year I tried growing outdoors, the weather was crazy rainy and wet. I was getting snails and slugs in the middle of the day because it was so wet and cool. That was a few years ago. I am considering putting out a couple of autos next summer in earthboxes. If you grow outdoors in cool damp weather, let me know what you are growing.
Also slug traps around base of plants
old pie tin or alike filled with beer
They love beer and dip in and drown.
1693824042404.png

I have grown the last couple of years outside in Central Massachusetts. Last year, we had a cold and wet late summer/fall and I lost over half my harvest due to bud rot and PM. This year has been the wettest summer in my memory. I have 2 autos going now and have had one plant(both the same Mephisto 24KT strain) that has been ravaged by bud rot even though I have brought them inside on occasion when rain was imminent. I started the autos thinking they would finish in late August or early September so I would dodge the wet fall. Nope. Maybe a different strain as longtimegrower is suggesting would work. I also have a photoperiod going that is in early flower but I don’t have confidence it will be any better than last year’s debacle…
So far i have grown 9 autos done ,9 need another month and 9 27 % 2 months
They are in a vegipod and 40 inches off the ground.
i will know better as the fall comes.
I was given 4 clones and kept them on my front deck.
After a month I put them in the large vegi pod ( photos)
Its like a earthbox but bigger and off the ground .
The plants went nuts and took off.
My mistake is i bought a clear green house cover and it really limited air flow and rot took over .
This year Im crackin the cover open for da flow !

So far i have grown 9 autos done ,9 need another month and 9 27 % 2 months
They are in a vegipod and 40 inches off the ground.
i will know better as the fall comes.
I was given 4 clones and kept them on my front deck.
After a month I put them in the large vegi pod ( photos)
Its like a earthbox but bigger and off the ground .
The plants went nuts and took off.
My mistake is i bought a clear green house cover and it really limited air flow and rot took over .
This year Im crackin the cover open for da flow !
OK autos I need to ask LOL
Did you plant right in the final pots?
how tall and how many nodes are your now?
I started 2 lost 1 already (for shits and giggles) along side my photos.
The one I have is going on 3 weeks old and 10inches tall 5 nodes out, no sign of flowers yet. Im hoping this one gets taller than the last.
My last 2 autos were 10 inches and spread low, But Dang the smoke was surprisingly awesomely good.

I have lemon juice express and sour diesel from Humboldt Seed organization. I explained to them my latitude and weather and these are the 2 autoflower they suggested to me. So next year I will try one of each. If they work I will try making my own seed stock with them.

OK autos I need to ask LOL
Did you plant right in the final pots?
how tall and how many nodes are your now?
I started 2 lost 1 already (for shits and giggles) along side my photos.
The one I have is going on 3 weeks old and 10inches tall 5 nodes out, no sign of flowers yet. Im hoping this one gets taller than the last.
My last 2 autos were 10 inches and spread low, But Dang the smoke was surprisingly awesomely good.
Okey doky
Gots my coffee so PLEASE NO FUNNY STUFF FOR 10 MINUTES ! I WANT TO DRINK THIS CUP! thank you for your cooperation.
I starts me seeds in a coffee filter getitwe with some EM! or Scotty Reals stuff ( forget name)
Whence I get a nice long tap root I like to have my soil in peet pot 5 inches aprox size and i have it dame with a thumbs worth of seed stater soil.
I have a hypo with a 10 inch needle and I shoot up the seed ling .
I will start shooting up going down as the seedling grows .
They are in a tray under a HLG 100watt veg lite ,Iuse lower watt leds till i have need for more HP (indoors)
I will also put a inch or so of em1 and let the 12 pots suck up said em12
Even if I am not starting 12 I still fill up the tray.
Depending on weather bring them out a couple of hours a day.
We had a dryer fixed and I had to put them out side and they stayed not even planted and they are doing well
I make sure the Peet pot is really damp and pliable .I may even pull back the Peet gently
I plant dem bitches in the soil and sometimes live them up 3 inches.
I Mulch with starting ,chopped up barley straw

Okey doky
Gots my coffee so PLEASE NO FUNNY STUFF FOR 10 MINUTES ! I WANT TO DRINK THIS CUP! thank you for your cooperation.
I starts me seeds in a coffee filter getitwe with some EM! or Scotty Reals stuff ( forget name)
Whence I get a nice long tap root I like to have my soil in peet pot 5 inches aprox size and i have it dame with a thumbs worth of seed stater soil.
I have a hypo with a 10 inch needle and I shoot up the seed ling .
I will start shooting up going down as the seedling grows .
They are in a tray under a HLG 100watt veg lite ,Iuse lower watt leds till i have need for more HP (indoors)
I will also put a inch or so of em1 and let the 12 pots suck up said em12
Even if I am not starting 12 I still fill up the tray.
Depending on weather bring them out a couple of hours a day.
We had a dryer fixed and I had to put them out side and they stayed not even planted and they are doing well
I make sure the Peet pot is really damp and pliable .I may even pull back the Peet gently
I plant dem bitches in the soil and sometimes live them up 3 inches.
I Mulch with starting ,chopped up barley straw
OK I got that part down . But what size are your final pots
And you transplant the peat pot as apposed to digging up plants carefully and transplanting them? Why the heck is my auto staying so short I did everything correct.

I have been growing mephistos and for the most part small which is good 4 me indoors
barneys autos grow pretty big too.
I believe autos get stunted if they catch you talking about them ☝️

I have been growing mephistos and for the most part small which is good 4 me indoors
I am doing Mephisto Grape , weed is fantastic all 10 joints worth

OK I got that part down . But what size are your final pots
And you transplant the peat pot as apposed to digging up plants carefully and transplanting them? Why the heck is my auto staying so short I did everything correct.
For me then I put them in a earthbox or my vegi pods
which is already cooking so to speak .
These Barneys autos got big ,too big for the begi pod cover

Maybe some auto persons dont tell the truth about the yields LOL
Only kidding , Dont want the auto guys after me.

Latest posts

Back