5 weeks flower leafs look bad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again thanks. Your support is calming and encouraging, I'll get there.:D

I want to agree with the Dman on this one.
At week 6 your plant is going to start taking the energy away from larger unwanted or needed leaves and put that energy into budd production. It will continue to discard wqhat it can live without in order to give you the final product and that just good budd. As long as your budds are healthy and not dieing man just monitor and happy smoking your almost there!!

cheers!!!!

degenerative_disc said:
I want to agree with the Dman on this one.
At week 6 your plant is going to start taking the energy away from larger unwanted or needed leaves and put that energy into budd production. It will continue to discard wqhat it can live without in order to give you the final product and that just good budd. As long as your budds are healthy and not dieing man just monitor and happy smoking your almost there!!

cheers!!!!

DegD- Hey man thanks for the input and stopping in. Yes I want to agree with DMan too and understand that cycle completely, but in the 5th week I cant imagine them deteriate like they are, and i have the few lower leaves doing what they do but i dont understand the other fans looking like that........

Hey Stinky

I had a big bushy plant in my hobbo setup last year that when I put her into flower she immediatly started to look like she was dieing. I kept an eye on her and she killed off all off her outer foilage like big fan leave and then medium fan leaves and eventualy she plained out and stopped with just small little budd leaves and thats the way she finished and may I say she finishe FINE!!! She looked like slow death but she pulled it the way she wanted to pull it.

Cheers!!!

You should flush it if it will make you feel better, we cant see the whole plant, but some strains can get pretty ugly near the end, got a pic of the whole plant.

DegDisc- Really? your giving me hope man:)

DMan- You got me looking forward that Im doing ok, I appreciate it yeah I can get a pic of the whole plant.

Thanks to helpful fellow growers like you guys Im learning more about how strains and other factors are so big in the cycle:cool:

Hey I also moved my clones up closer to the hps about 12-18in. but temps still stay at 80 at canopy no more, but within the next day it looks like the top cpl leafs are bleached looking almost, just a little and only on two clones of ten, so im not sure whats up with that.

stinkyelements said:
Hey I also moved my clones up closer to the hps about 12-18in. but temps still stay at 80 at canopy no more, but within the next day it looks like the top cpl leafs are bleached looking almost, just a little and only on two clones of ten, so im not sure whats up with that.

Sometimes you have to harden them off a bit with going under the HPS. If they haven't been under the HPS before, and/or are freshly rooted the HPS can be too much. I would move those couple a little further from the light.

erwin- They have been under the hps for about 3wks, before that they were flowering under just those tube fluoros. But they are all rooted and flowering for a bit. I just thought they could be closer to the hps, i was looking at a chart that showed how close to get them to get the most lumens without burnin em, with all different watts mine is 250 so i decided to try and get them closer, canopy was almost 2ft. and it didnt seem hot to my hand when i moved them up.

Mr. Elements-

What is your ph running? While I agree that you'll get some die off towards the end of flower as the plant enters senescence, that is not what is going on with your plants. The leaves turn yellow, not blotchy and burned. The plants in this photo are clones at 6 weeks flower that were 1 week from harvest. For the most part, the leaves are yellow, but not blotchy (if you look close, you can see a few burnt leaves- but that's a nute problem I had).

View attachment 156570

A moderate flush is not a flush at all IMO when growing in soil. You're just overwatering. 5 times the volume of the pot is the recommended flush amount. If the problem is a salt build up, 1 good flush should resolve it. Continually flushing is messing with the rhizosphere and probably more harmful than beneficial as far as soil goes.

You're really doing great. One good flush, stop feeding them, just use plain PH adjusted water until you get the problem under control. Looks like you still have a few more weeks to go at least.

Keep up the great work and you will be rewarded. Just my thoughts.

BBFan- Yes I agree with you completely, you helped me see it was more like a issue with ph in the first place and decide to flush, my ph is usually dialed in well at 6.5 though, but somewhere in the mix it got tweaked, i noticed my runoff wasnt so good, so im working on getting it right again, just didnt want to make any drastic changes now at this level if I didnt need to.

I'd say solid advice from BBfan, as usual. Either flush it and be done with it or don't.

I'm not familiar with the fish emulsion, but I'd be willing to bet that your plants are starving. You said that you have only fed them 2x in 6 weeks. Plants use alot of energy producing flowers, and that energy has to come from somewhere...nutrients.

You need to feed them once a week, especially since you switched to a soil with no nutes in it. Like I said I'm not familiar with the fish emulsion, the GO freebies I got have an emulsion included as sort of an add on to the regular program. Is the stuff you have 1 part of a set? If so you need to get the rest of the products that go along with it. If it's not part of a set, then I would say that the nute is seriousely lacking in something.

It could also be that all the transplants and ***** footing around with being afraid to overdue it with nutes during the veg cycle, that your plants were lacking the N they needed to have stored up to get them through the bloom cycle.

How to fix it now...it's hard to say (especially not being familiar with your nutes) If it were me I would do one good flush as recommended, and make sure that the run-off is pH'd in the zone. Imediately after I would feed it with your bloom nute, and also apply some kind of micro nutrient...see if the company who makes your nutes has something to go along with the emulsion, if they don't, get something from any of the reputable companies that makes a micro-nute.

You are so far along with this one, you may just have to settle for what you get...and chalk it up as a learning experince. If it's an 8 week strain...you really only have 1 or 2 more feedings that they will get any benefit from. So you may just get what you get...but you have definately learned something from this and thats always a bonus granted from any mistake.

You've got some buddage there...so it's not a total loss, and trust me when I say I have seen worse!

I do think that plants need to be fed once a week, if your using a soil that has not been amended, and definately when using chems. I understand wanting to go easy on the nutes, but you can go too easy on them to, and not give your plants what they need.

In the future when feeding a strain you have not grown before, use 1/4 str. the first week, 1/2 str the 2nd week, 3/4 the 3rd week...etc and just keep gradually going up until you get just the tips a slight nute burn, and then back off a bit. Then when you grow out the clones, you can basicly start out with close to the max feed that the donors used (I usually take a step down from the max for the first feeding, and build back up, just to be safe) But you don't need to start at 1/4 strength once you know your plants (unless 1/4 is max...but I doubt it)

Anyway...thats about all I can think of right now man...like I said, they don't look THAT bad...your going to have something to smoke, it just may not be the max yeild for that strain...but you will get something. PM me again if this post triggers any questions, because I have not been on here all the time like in the past few months...when I get on I usually only check out any PM's and a few threads. I haven't been reading everything from top to bottom. Good Luck bud! Hang in there...you will be smoking on them soon!

Just to clarify, I swithched to 18/6 for 1wk 1/2 before 12/12. I was using the fish emulsion occasionally up until then in veg, because I spoke with jman and read his nute study and realized it was only a start and good with the other products. At this point he told me it wasnt too late to get on a schedule so i switched up my nutes. I started with chem nutes and went to all purpose 20-20-20 and still used the veg nutes until 1wk into 12/12 and used the NHFE once more because she loved it. I then fed just water the second wk, started bloom nutes MG bloom booster 15-30-15(yea i know) on the third week and 4th week. This past week was the fifth week and i noticed a problem getting worse, so I just watered to get ph right and fed bloom nutes again. I did feed at full dose each time with the bloom nutes thinking she would be be able to handle it. So she has been fed nutes 4 times in 5wks of flower, 3 bloom nute feedings...I think not having the nute lineup schedule down and all the changes must have a big part. But she was doing great, and very tolerant of the changes and nutes..........
I have definitely learned a lot through all of this thats for sure.

Oh...okay...sorry for misunderstanding. Yeah, I'd say all the switching and what not were definately not a good thing.

I would definately get soem micro nutes, or at least do a couple runs of cal mag, along with your next feeding (I believe you told me you bought some) Especially if the chem nutes that you got are not designed for MJ you'll want to add some cal-mag, even alot of the nutes that are designed for mj are not strong enough for some strains in this department. I have come across it a few times with the FF line-up, and I used all 6 products (liquid and solubles) and have had to add cal-mag.

So you just started the 5th week...you will have time to get some things corrected then IMO...If nothing else you learned some things, which is priceless!

Latest posts

Back