500 watts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinero06

Reaction score
After the failure of my last grow, well not actually a failure. I gave my plant to someone and its growth went down hill from there. Today I was rambling outside looking for anything useful I can use for MJ growth and tada:D what did i find? A 500 watt light:rolleyes: I actually found 2 but one had no light bulb in it and they was joined together in 1 so I cut the cord attached to the one with no light bulb and trashed it. The one with light bulb I got under 2 not yet sprouted babies, it's one of them expensive lights you use to work on cars at night or w/e with a stand and everything I know prolly worth 150-$200. I was wondering with the 500 watt light should I be carefully how I run it? I know it use more eletricity but will I see a dramatic change in elec. bill? Im just planning to grow 2 plants under 1 500 watt light threw veg n flowering. This time around it should be successfully done, and since the light dont give off brightness like a lamp room light i was growing with:) , I chosen to grow in closet.Forgot to mention the lights had been outside for awhile and rain got inside the glass face of the lights, I unscrewed it and released the water, is this sumthing to worry about? the light was smokign a little after 15 mins on but nothing major, it was burning off water.Anyway I'll keep this updated with pics N all when everything starts growing.
pz

bagseed btw

Post a pic, man. It sounds to me like it's a halogen light. Also, I'd be a very suspect of using something electrical that has gotten wet. Electrical shorts start fires, fires burn buildings, and then comes the fire department and law enforcement. Sounds like an accident waiting to happen, dude...hate to see you get hurt/busted.

Nelson

I agree sounds like a halogen light and there no good to grow with, just get some CFL's that halogen wont grow good bud.

We don't think halogens are the correct spectrum(correct us if were wrong) and produce ridiculous amounts of heat. Minds well get yourself a HID light. More Bang to it, along with heat. Or fluros work as well.

Latest posts

Back