600 watt GROWBRIGHT HPS BULB 95.000 LUMENS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepper

Peace Love & Happiness
Reaction score
Anyone ever use these bulbs? Are these bulbs good? Bad? The price is not bad 60 bucks.

HPS BULB.jpg

I'll be honest, and some may disagree with me, but I pay very little attention to brand names. That bulb is fine, the real question is, how large of an area do you plan on using this bulb in? You need to maintain at least 5000 lumens per square foot. Will 95,000 be enough?

cadlakmike1 said:
I'll be honest, and some may disagree with me, but I pay very little attention to brand names. That bulb is fine, the real question is, how large of an area do you plan on using this bulb in? You need to maintain at least 5000 lumens per square foot. Will 95,000 be enough?

actually that 95,000 isn't going to be 95,000 for any length of time. that number is based on intial start up output. it will begin to drop off within about 10 minutes. typically 1% to 2%. within a month maybe 5%. within 2 years 60%. this is the debate: do i spend more on a bulb because of the spectrum or output, or just buy the cheapest that work so i can replace it every year. still no definitive answer as far as i am concerned.

cadlakmike1 said:

I'm not stuck on name brands myself, but I do try to buy the best that I can afford at the time. Yes 95.000 lumens is plenty for my garden my dwc is 30" L x 20" W so it ends up being 10.000 + lumens per sqf.

Latest posts

Back