65 degrees @ 50% humidity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tryguy2011

Reaction score
The room is dark and cold, the temp is steady at 65 and humidity at 50%
They were done at 60 days, the chop is complete and are all hung nice in their cellar.
I was wondering if these were good numbers? I can raise or lower temp and humidity. Im looking for a slow dry.

That sounds like good numbers to me :) If I could control my climate that precisely, that is where I would have mine. I would also recommend that you either have an exaust fan or an internal fan just to more the air a bit, but not blowing on the buds. I have a small exaust fan connected to my drying cabinet. It is just a computer fan and it only runs periodically, but it is enough to allow the moisture from the buds to be removed from the cabinet without producing any kind of breeze.

Leave them in the dark for 3 days then check to see that they are doing ok. Then check them every 2 days until they are just starting to get "crispy" feeling on the outside, then its time to jar them up. You have to watch out for the little buds getting too crispy and the bigger buds not getting crispy enough :)

tryguy2011 said:
The room is dark and cold, the temp is steady at 65 and humidity at 50%
They were done at 60 days, the chop is complete and are all hung nice in their cellar.
I was wondering if these were good numbers? I can raise or lower temp and humidity. Im looking for a slow dry.

Sence tence? Relaxe friend we all got yur fireside as needed ;)

BWD

My method matches Hushpuppy almost to a T. I keep the cabinet temps at about 70 though. Just like Hushpuppy I use a computer fan to gently exhaust he cabinet. Takes 3-4 days then I move them to paper grocery bags for a few bags before jarring them up.

Latest posts

Back