***?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGVermont1965

Lover of all things green
Reaction score
This is the second time I've walked into the germination room and found a Blue Ice seedling just plain dead.
The night before this was "the one" out of 10.
Vibrant, short and stocky, branching out everywhere and just a gorgeous little plant.
And then yesterday morning she was like the picture.
My ph is a little high, around 6.4 in yesterday's testing, everything else is spot on.
I'm thinking since I had one do the exact same thing 2 weeks ago it's most likely genetic but I would like some input from my fellow growers.
As I've said before, I'm not used to growing in soil, especially indoors so this is all new to me.
I'm using Fox Farms Strawberry Fields mixed 50/50 with coco coir fiber with some gravel and perlite thrown in for drainage and retention.
So is this a horrible genetic trait or am I just a bad gardener?
Thanks for your help/advice.

Attachments

• 20190217_095855.jpg
    20190217_095855.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 64
The only thing i can see from your picture is your watering. Cannabis likes a wet and dry period. I water until it runs out of the bottom. It will drink it back up. Then when you stick your finger into the dirt to the second knuckle if it feels dry water deeply again. Also, i don't love your plastic pots. If you can get some cloth pots,smart pots it will help. Roots are really important. FF is good soil but i don't know a bout strawberry.

Do you have a fan blowing gentle across your plant? Air is as important as water.

I know nothing about FF Strawberry fields but your pic sparks the question of the moisture content of your medium. I've seen this in overwatering as well as being too dry.
I grow in FFOF and my rule of thumb is let it dry out knuckle deep. Then water till just a little runs out. I grow in 7gal fabric pots.
Hard for me to think genetics has something to do with it being that big already.

The only thing i can see from your picture is your watering. Cannabis likes a wet and dry period. I water until it runs out of the bottom. It will drink it back up. Then when you stick your finger into the dirt to the second knuckle if it feels dry water deeply again. Also, i don't love your plastic pots. If you can get some cloth pots,smart pots it will help. Roots are really important. FF is good soil but i don't know a bout strawberry.

Do you have a fan blowing gentle across your plant? Air is as important as water.
The plastic pots are a temporary measure until we put them in their bags, it's what was lying around.
All our plants are on the same schedule, if there were issues with any others I would agree with you, but the soil is perfect, at least in my opinion. Although my grow partner has been known to water after I leave, I don't think that's been a problem lately.
The fan is a must, from the day they go into their medium until they're finished.
But.. there has been an issue with turning the air over in the germ room, we just fixed that trouble today.
Thanks again, Rosebud.

I knew I should have just stuck with hydro, soil sucks.

I just got a text from my buddy, he watered AGAIN after I told him AGAIN to leave them alone for a couple days.
He's killing them with way too much water and he's mixing up the different batches, feeding the babies water for the ones I planned to put in the bud room, giving veg nutes to plants that were supposed to start budding this Saturday.
So, you all are spot on, now I need to get him to listen to me and stop watering every time I leave.
Thatnks again for all your help, everyone!!
But I ALWAYS feed on a rigid schedule, this is what happens when someone messes with the schedule.

Latest posts

Back