80th day of grow emergency.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griffon

Reaction score
Ok, so tomorrow will be my 80th day of growing from flowering. It should be I believe my 44th day in the flower cycle. I was wondering if that was long enough? I had some very bad luck roll my way and I am going to have to shut down the grow. The buds don't seem very big, maybe a quarter inch in length. (maybe) and the plant is at my max allowable height, 2.5 feet. What size buds should I be looking for?

I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow. I just wanted to hear some thoughts. And also, if they were harvested early, what would that do to my smoke? how would it affect the end result

The end result would be that the buds wouldn't be ripe and therefore less potent but if its an emergency you got to do what you got to do right! Just try to hold out as long as possible! What strain is it if its an Indica they should finnish soon like in the next 2 to 3 weeks if its an sativa you could be lookin at a very long flower time!

Phatpharmer

it's white widow. It is a big emergency. I don't know if I can hold out another 2-3 weeks. I'll have to get back at you. I think it has to shut down in the next couple of days. No fear though, I will be back up and permanent in the near future.

If its a pure WW she will take 12-14 weeks.

Do you see any trichome developement on the buds?

:peace:

the buds are very small. In comparison to what I'm used to seeing my buds are about a quarter of the size if not smaller. These pics are really bad, I will try and get better ones up. but for right now they will have to do. So far I am stretching this emergency out quite a bit. Most of the grow about (90% of it has been taken down) The plants got too close to the light and the leaves shriveled up on me. I did the hand test and the light is not hot at all, so I have no idea why they shriveled up on me. Anyhow I knew that it was going to be a problem from the get go. Maybe my plant is done and these are as big as they are going to get? Anyone have an idea of how big the buds should be?

DSCN0009.jpg

DSCN0017.jpg

DSCN0018.jpg

DSCN0019.jpg

Hippy, is that mold?

Sorry for the alarm if it isn't, Griffon, but the pics sure look like it.

Good luck on your permanent grow.

I really wish you guys could come over and chill and see my grow in person :( One day!! Anyhow, it is not mold. I know it really looks like it in those pics... Terrible lighting/camera work and coloring. Here are some more pics, but I am pretty sure its not mold. It is REALLY close to the light. I mean really close to the light. It just looks like burned leaves. There is no chalky resudue nor harry fuzzy mold growing. I think I'm going to harvest plant tonight even though the buds are small.

Take a look at new pics. (still bad, but a bit better)

bt1.jpg

bt2.jpg

bt3.jpg

bt4.jpg

In the photo set before, the one with all the white mold looking pics... that is just blur.

Hoping you're right--it is hard to tell by pics. My understanding is that mold makes the buds squishy inside.

One of the ladies here--sorry, lady, I forget which one--is pretty hip to mold. Maybe she'll drop by and weigh in.

Good luck with that. If it does turn out to be mold, wash everything down with a bleach solution before next grow--I've wiped down my room with bleach after both my previous grows.

yea, I'm 99% sure it's not mold. It really does look like it in the pics though. By looking at them i would say it's 99% sure that it is mold :) Anyhow, no one ever chimed in with how big the buds should be on a 2.5/3 foot tall plant. Any ideas?

Looks like multiple problems. Those buds are small. They should be, with some issues. You only get big buds if you get most things close to right. I am only being honest, going by what I have seen here on this forum, my own grows and others' pics. How hot is it near the buds? Do they have any fresh air?

I appreciate your honesty. To tell you the truth my other plants looked beautiful. This one ever since it sprouted it looked deformed. Of course all the pretty ones were males and the ugly one is a female. I am not 100% sure what happened but either it was bad genetics on this seed or when it was sprouting the shell didn't come off of the plant when it should have and it bounded it's leaves together for a while. I did not know that I could assist the plant with the shell at that point. That was my bad.

All of the scorched buds are pretty much useless correct?

bluealein56 said:
thats heat damage, not mold

I agree. I had very similar problems with my plants

There are a lot of factors that can affect this (nutrients, poor root space, etc) try to prevent any of these so you can try and identify the problem

By the way, dont try and harvest them right now. Even though theres bud there's no THC you'd waste the whole crop. Just blow a strong fan directly onto your light source and it will cool things down 10 degrees

good luck
destroyer

Knowing that the plant started out with deformations helps. It's mearly weak. Started out that way and grew that way. YOU think the lights not hot, but your face isnt right next to it 12 hours a day and if you started your life as an under acheiver then you'll probably be a bit more sencitive than your neighbor. Lettem grow, maybe trim out a bit of that brown to let more light in to the healthir leaves. It doens't strike me as a plant that has a lot of potential but just nurse it through this phase and harvest when it's READY.:)

If your plant has flowered, it will not get a lot bigger, the buds will maybe put on eight or ten inches, sometimes more. I think for indoor they say double the height when starting to bud. But that is for small indoor plants.

You may just have a weak plant with heat stress/damage. Those leaves look really dry.
forgot to add......Good luck to you.

Today I harvested. I know it's a bit pre-mature (I'm sure) but I had to shut it down. Salvage what I have. We will see what I yield. *maybe I'll get a good smoke out of it*

Untill next year... :)

Latest posts

Back