A couple questions one weird one normal very sorry no way to picture

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KissinStars

Reaction score
Ok I have a lady growing just one all by her lonesome she is my very first grow and im proud to say she lived and has some pretty buds at the moment but ive come across something in the last week thats kinda alarming i guess ... But first i will start with explaining what shes gone through she has been growing for an abnormally long time due to quite a few problems in the growing process shes probably about she is about 25 - 28 weeks old which from what i read is kinda long? she had bugs twice i ended up mixing in sand the second time into the top 2 inches of soil once i identified them as gnats and since i havent had a problem with them also she was transplanted a few to many times around 4 or 5 i think the bottom of the plant is weak and thin tho budding just the same the top is very healthy looking and budding very nicely i use fox farms nutes the trio and distilled water i have them under fluros which were recommended for my situation by you guys when i first started Thanks to those who helped me out with the light situation
now the problem i noticed in the last couple weeks is these little brown mushrooms popping up ?? ive never heard of this before and im concerned for the plant i have pulled all that pop up but any info would be appreciated.
and finally today i took another glance at the forum posts on telling when your plant is at its peak and is ready for harvest and I checked my plant with a mag glass like recommended and from what i can tell the tcromes are full and plump and around 3/4 of the little hairs have turned brown red how much longer should i wait or should i pull and hang now?? i was thinking in one or two weeks but i dont want her to be over ripe
Thanks a Ton and I will thank everyone who has info for me :D :watchplant: :bong: :fly: :confused:

How many times in 25 weeks have you cleaned your room? The long delay in growth is due to the lack of lighting. Dont over fertilize trying to make up for it. Cut a bowl dry for a few days and see if you like the high, waiting a week under flourecents wont hurt. KEEP YOUR ROOM CLEAN

Did you check your trikes (sorry,"trichromes") with a "magnifying glass" or a microscope?...big diff.....

I only know because I've tried to not buy a microscope (I don't know why...looking back on it) and guess, but there really is only one way to tell!!

if the mushrooms have black gills, eat them...lol. No j/k unless you really know how to ID srooms, never eat them

You need a 30x microscope of some kind to tell if your plant is ready--a magnifying glass is not enough. The color of the hairs has nothing to do with maturity. You can get a 30x power microscope from Radio Shack or a jewelers' loupe for $5 on E-bay.

If you have mushrooms growing, your soil is almost certainly too wet. I grow hydro, so am not much help with soil problems.

i always let my plant soil dry at least at the top before the next watering it was part of the advice i recieved with the gnat problem i had so im not sure if thats where the mushroom problem is coming from

the lights are a problem tho i only have wally world around here to work with i live in a small small town and dont have a TON of money tho enough to spend decent amount on supplies and i worry about ordering things online
also the mag im using is a diamond mag the lil black tube like one the pawn stores use to identify diamonds i dont know if thats strong enough but i thought it would be ??
i will definently pull and dry a bud thanks a ton

gaSm said:
How many times in 25 weeks have you cleaned your room? The long delay in growth is due to the lack of lighting. Dont over fertilize trying to make up for it. Cut a bowl dry for a few days and see if you like the high, waiting a week under flourecents wont hurt. KEEP YOUR ROOM CLEAN
Around 3 - 5 tho im sure thats not enough i do keep it pretty clean but im sure it could be cleaner and i wouldnt have so many problems
however as soon as i can pull and hang this lady i am cleaning the area again lining it with new plastic and waiting for my attitude seeds to come! just ordered today! Yay!
I grew the little lady thats in there to see if i could i didnt want to buy seeds to find out i suck and they die right away lol i made it so i bought em the lady in there is a bag seed girl she had two brothers that were pulled much earlier tho they were quite pretty :)

mushrooms mean you need more light, warmer temp and less moisture the dirt isnt drying out between waterings. Are you using a wooden container to grow them? that does it everytime for me. watch for mold because when you see mushrooms mold likes to grow.

2Dog said:
mushrooms mean you need more light, warmer temp and less moisture the dirt isnt drying out between waterings. Are you using a wooden container to grow them? that does it everytime for me. watch for mold because when you see mushrooms mold likes to grow.

warmer temp is probably partially my problem and the container im using is a plastic 5 gallon planter with 2 inch wide 3 inch long holes in the bottom to allow it to drain well i figured thats what i needed if theres something wrong with that lemme know so i can adjust but from what ive read i thought that would be good mind you thats like the 4th thing theve been in but theve all been planters the first were clay but it was when she was very young been watching for mold havent noticed any yet but fungus is fungus so im sure if im not carful there will be soon

KissinStars said:
i always let my plant soil dry at least at the top before the next watering it was part of the advice i recieved with the gnat problem i had so im not sure if thats where the mushroom problem is coming from

the lights are a problem tho i only have wally world around here to work with i live in a small small town and dont have a TON of money tho enough to spend decent amount on supplies and i worry about ordering things online
also the mag im using is a diamond mag the lil black tube like one the pawn stores use to identify diamonds i dont know if thats strong enough but i thought it would be ??
i will definently pull and dry a bud thanks a ton

LOL--My closest Wally World is 60 miles away. It is perfectly safe to order things online. In fact, I feel far safer buying things online than going to the hydro store.

A picture would really help. Tell us more about your set up. What size/kind of lights are you using and how long has it been in 12/12. There is no reason pulling and drying a bud if you are a ways off.

Latest posts

Back