A disaster of a flowering room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420NewbieRoyce

Reaction score
Ok this is the first time I have ever done this. I have this room and I just dont know what to do. I have these three girls in there and a light with some exhaust and some cool air coming in. I think my set up totally sucks!!!! Need to know what to do to make it better next time if anyone has any suggestions that would be great! How far should the light be above the girls, how long? I know silly questions but like i said this is a first grow. Thanks to everyone in advance!!!

IMGP1062.JPG

No silly questions.
Bring the light down or the plants up, using boxes or something and put your hand on top of your plants and it feels warm, not hot. I would guess it is 12 inches or so or less.

That is 1000 watt?

Not silly questions at all. We all had to learn at one point. Give us a little more info. How big is your space? What size light? Tell us more about the ventilation. What are your ambient temps? Why do you think it is a disaster and that it totally sucks?

THG, can i say that this guy wants to do everything perfect and that is hard in gardening, wouldn't you say? Your in good hands 420, the peeps here will take care of you...your plants don't look like a disaster. He is growing my nurse Larry.

I see you painted your room white and have a fan going on, that is good.

You have to do both things. Bring your light (HPS?) to about 12-20 inches (depending on a bunch of factors) from your tops (Mine is about 12 right now) Also, get your canopy even so you have even dispersion of light and the large 2 don't take over. It looks like you have 2 on the left in the pic, that need something under them about 1foot high or so. :confused2: :aok:

What is the room's dimensions and light type/wattage? I run a 1000w HPS in a 3.5' x 5' x 8' space. I will hold my hand right over the top of the plant and if I feel heat, the light is too close. (I am in a hot climate, temps this time of year are tough to maintain) It is usually a foot and a half to two feet from the top of the tallest plant.

Approximately 6X9 space, 1 1,ooo hps light, charcoal filter exhausting out of the room, large industrial size fan pulling in fresh air from the bottom where i cut out a hole in the wall. I dont know what my ambient temps is, and for some reason I think its a disaster cause it does not look right at all to me. I am going to let these girls do there thing. I have some more seedling I am going to get started in a couple of weeks. Doing 12-12 on the girls in there now, but they just got into there today.

Probably a bit underlit. Use some panda film and wall off enough of the room until you get 5000 lumens per sf. 1000W Hps should emit 140,000 lumens. Other than that, it sounds to me like you're hooked up pretty good.

don't worry....... and get those plants as close to the light as you can...... and watchem do their thing...... get a harvest or 2 under you belt and growing won't be so stressful to you........ growing will be releiving your stress instead of causing it.

:48:

Well got one of the Nurse females for sure. The other two well I got rid of one of them suspecting it was a male, then my mom took the other into her room and that one is still not showing, so I put it into the flowering room to maybe make it show. The other is a clone that is a female for sure then I just added a velvet kush that is full of white hairs definitely a female.

You should make your space smaller. I would suggest making some movable panels out of PVC and Panda film. Use the panels like walls to make your space smaller. This will give your plants optimum light. i run my plants fairly close to the light, but I have an air cooled hood and that makes a huge difference. I prefer to keep my light stationary and raise and lower the plants as needed rather than raising and lowering the light.

What exactly is a large industrial fan? Do you have a pic of it? Do you know the CFMs? You are better of using a passive intake and an active exhaust--in other words, your fan should be sucking air out rather than pulling it in. Do you have a source for cooler air? What are your temps running?

I really like the idea of the panda film and pvc pipe. Its a 170 cfms going out. Source of fresh air is a fan pulling air from outside via a cut in the wall near the bottom into the hallway.

420NewbieRoyce said:
I really like the idea of the panda film and pvc pipe. Its a 170 cfms going out. Source of fresh air is a fan pulling air from outside via a cut in the wall near the bottom into the hallway.

You'll need more air than that, you'll burn em up. That's just the fans CFM rating, not true exhaust flow.

170cfm pulled thru a carbon filter drops it aswell

You need a much larger fan. My space is 6x8 and I have a 593 CFM fan. As to "shrinking" your space, run a length of PVC wall to wall and hang your panda film on shower curtain rings, it'll slide open and closed easily.

Latest posts

Back