A few questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mintminty59

Reaction score
Hello people

I have been given a bunch of seeds , and problem is we dont know what strain or if there male or female plants.

I just wonderd if someoen could point me in the direction of the following.

How do I convert a male into a female (i have seen before this is possible)
Is there a idiots guide on polenating to get a bunch more seeds from start to finish.

And is there a way to tell the males really early on? and whats the soonest you can start chaning the light cycle to flower from seed.

Thanks a lot chaps and ladies of course

Yes I have read those guides but there not idiot proof. They go a little over my head all I want is a simple step by step guide on how to achieve what I want to. I have seen some other guides on there that where very easy to understand like the cloneing guide. All i want to do is build a seed bank for future use

The best advice that I ever got from a breeder, "Use only the best"
Catch pollen from your very best male specimen to pollinate your very best female.

Good luck to you.. Doesnt sounds like you have read enough of the resources on the site to me.

When you do figure out how to turn a male female, you might want to consider writing a book and making millions. READ READ READ...

Ok "Idiots guide to pollinating", yea just leave the males in the flower and your done.

Tell males early on, not likely but could also depend on your verison of early on.

You can change the light cycle to 12/12 from day 1 if you choose. Your obvisously not reading enough.

mintminty59 said:
Yes I have read those guides but there not idiot proof. They go a little over my head all I want is a simple step by step guide on how to achieve what I want to. I have seen some other guides on there that where very easy to understand like the cloneing guide. All i want to do is build a seed bank for future use

Welcome
LOL Yes it can go over ur head on all the reading ! I think my wife had to really wake me up while in front of the computer alot!! LOL

The only thing I can say to u is that if u read what u can in all the grow journal u be fine and ask alot of question there Mint.

Reading doesn't always make a person now what there doing, Experiance does so what u can do is, Got where u want ur plants? Get the lights u want HPS for flowering and MH for veggie and then there CFL's the watt is base on ur room an u can get help from other that r more experiance at it then I am..

Look at it, It time to Play and Have fun as u go..

Ur at the right place for Answers and there some great Folks here!!

Latest posts

Back