A good women and lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mokey1

Reaction score
Yesterday my wife and I went to the hydro. store. Before I we went in she said I could buy anything I wanted. So, I took her at her word and spoke to the clerk while she was wandering around. The clerk started putting the boxes near the register. I nice new Sun System I 600 hps set up with a hortilux bulb. Then when we got it all loaded into the car she says to me, I'm surprised you didn't tell me you were buying all this stuff. My reply was I thought you said it was O.K. And as it turns out it truley was O.K. it just would have gone smother if I had told her before buying it.

Went home and it was too late to add it to my other 600 watt HPS system as the 6 girls where going to go to sleep soon. Then we were watching T.V. and she was cold so I dragged out a 1500 watt heater. Turned it on and the lights went off in the grow area and the living room. It had me wondering if the electric would take the new non returnable light system.

Today we went to set it up. There is already another 600 watt HPS running and a 200 watt CFL. We took down the CFL and add the second HPS. Pluged one in at a time and all is well. We'll see if that holds tomorrow when the lights come on as both lights will be comming on at the same time. I think those lights will make my ladies sing.

What you are doing is taxing the circuit man. You go to plug in the vacuum on that same circuit and you will trow a breaker.

If I were you I would look into wiring a new plug into that grow area from a unused or slightly used circuit.

You don't want to come home and see that your whole home is burnt to the ground. Don't overload circuits!

Mr. Wakenbake, Remember that is the first time I pluged in a 1500 watt heater. I won't be pluging that in again. I also took about a 200 watt cfl. So in reality I only added 400 watts. I won't be having any problems.

Those heaters can throw almost any breaker. You probably will need the space heater again so find a breaker with a less taxing load. I plugged one into a seldom used bathroom plug to keep some germinating seeds warm two months ago. It blew the breaker and turned off my freezer in the garage. That cost me close to $2000 in beef. lesson learned.

Your wife loves you. :)
Don't let her get cold.

Hey man.... just giving some advice. I ran an extra circuit for another 600w light for my room because every time I plugged in a vacuum the breaker would flip.

No matter what, you don't want to exceed 80% of rated circuit capacity.

I am sure you will be fine.

I agree those heaters pull alot of power when they are first kicked on...but I also tend to agree with wake to in the fact that you don't want to overload...it's not that hard to figure how many watts your running and make sure that your breaker is rated high enough. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Latest posts

Back