a little help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are correct my friend. Its not on the grow big. i had to check real quick.

Roddy said:
It's pretty early to rely on the plant to be fed enough now to make it through, your gals will likely starve and your harvest will suffer....
:yeahthat:

I started a thread in the general section, I'm not 100% on what I am saying and want to be sure.

When I said it seemed obvious, I meant to me and I am in no way cutting anyone down here...I read that again and it seemed harsh, my apologies! I still believe there's reasons for marketing 2 types (hydro and soil)...likely because there's some things in soil that aren't in hydro, so the nutes need to compensate....and vice versa lol!

I would suggest making sure those nutes will work, then go from there. That may not be the issue, but if I'm reading these are different strains, then having the issue with one plant makes sense since not all plants feed equally lol

scotsman said:
think il probably leave of the nutes in all honesty and go with water and molas from now to harvest i mixed in some bone meal / blood fish & bone into the soil so i think with that and the molas that should be enough to see them ok what do you guys think? as i only got the nutes in the last week or so and plants have done fine this far.

I think that would be a mistake. Your plants do not even appear to have alternating nodes yet. You have a long long ways to go and they need food t produce bud. Molasses is not really a nutrient.

Keep your eyes open for hermies as your plants get into flowering.

pretty sure 5 of the 6 are fem as they have white pistils so does the 6th one but it just looks diffrent thought maybe it was a hem, so do you think i should carry on as i have been doing and just buy a good feeder any sugestions? i have read up on some but im a complete novice so would appreciate the help thanks

Hermies are female plants that develop male flowers. This can happen at any time. Just because a plant is showing pistils does not mean that it will not hermie. If you are using bagseed from good smoke, the seeds probably came from self-pollination and are genetically predispositioned to hermie.

Yes, I would get some good flowering nutes made for mj.

what do you guys sugest i get then? nutrients wise
i got the nutrients of the guy i recently bought my light from
B' Cuzz, nutrition / bloom / booster
Ionic, boost
Optimum A, bloom

all of which is hydroponic i havent used the th eothers only the B'cuzz
looking again at the ionic boost it dosnt say hydro on the front, so is the ok to use!

015.JPG

016.JPG

017.JPG

018.JPG

Hi guys sorry for being a pain but had a quick look in the shed and cam across this cheap feeder from the pound shop here lol could i use this it's a rose feeder i have attached a pic

023.JPG

You can use any plant food with High N-P-K ratio, (but low is better than nothing) and trace elements i.e zinc, copper, iron etc.

Some are better than others with regards to liquid, or slow-release.

Hit your garden centre and have a look, anything that feeds tomatoes...

Swap the ratios for flower.

Roddy said:
I've not heard hydro nutes can be used in soil, doesn't even make sense that they'd make 2 types then? I'd be looking for soil nutes....
In my experience with recent grows and friends grows, yu can use hydro nutes in soil without problems BUUT yu have to very carefully monitor soil ph and nute solution ph and watch out for salt buildup in the soil, which can be corrected by flushing for a day or two at the end of each cycle. That is why there are 2 different types of nutes. I would not recommend it unles yer in a situation that has yu limited. another good way to help with cal/mag def is by foliar feeding with a mild cal/mag solution. Some don't like doing it but I have had very solid results with floral feeding.:) :)

Without problems, but you have to flush when you get the salt build-up? So, is every cycle fairly regularly? :) Not trying to be argumentative, but it seems these are problems and a newb grower shouldn't be trying to figure out self-inflicted problems? Not saying OP is a newb, but any newb reading this may be misled.

I still say there's things in soil nutes not in hydro and vice versa...I'd suspect there's a reason for these differences. Likely, I'm guessing hydro needs a lot more than soil?

I could be mistaken though and would love to be proven wrong!

shuggy4105 said:
You can use any plant food with High N-P-K ratio, (but low is better than nothing) and trace elements i.e zinc, copper, iron etc.

Some are better than others with regards to liquid, or slow-release.

Hit your garden centre and have a look, anything that feeds tomatoes...

Swap the ratios for flower.

IMHO, you'd be well off sticking to nutes for MJ...make it easier on yourself and leave the experimenting for when you're better skilled!

MJ is a plant, like any other, and requires nothing more to grow than many other fruits and vegetables.

Any solid NPK ratio like 20-20-20 for veg and 4-6-6 for flower which is obviosly the same as 8-12-12, etc etc.

Only thing you have to watch out for is Mg, Sulphur, and Calcium as many chemical ferts either contain too little or not at all.

This can be sorted by purchasing some epsom salts or lime.

Latest posts

Back