a little help plz...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flaboy88

stays blunted up
Reaction score
first question wut can cause canoing? my larger leaves like the fan leaves are doin so somewhat but still keepin a nice dark green color so was jus curious..

2nd question is i have another plant whom she has been flowering for about 8 weeks.. its really bushy towards the bottom and im not sure if enough light is gettin to it.. i read u always want to keep the fan leaves, but will it hurt the plant to clip some of the shrubbery off (not the fan leaves)?

Taco leaves or canoe leaves . . . your plants will grow out of it. I don't know what causes it but it usually is a passing phase. Probably temps / water content of the soil I suspect.

You will get many opinions on your second question. Personally, I don't cut anything. Except this time I removed the earliest of the bottom branches - no fan leaves on them to speak of - because I wanted to try the popcorn bud early.

You're 8 weeks in flower and your fan leaves are dark green? Are you still feeding them alot of nitrogen? Do the stems appear to be weakening and/or drooping? At this point (8 weeks) fans should be losing some color- unless you got a long flowering sativa.

Kind of late to trim now- but if anything trim the lower suckers and popcorn bud- they'll never amount to anything at this point and are just robbing your larger buds of growth.

Just my thoughts. Good luck to you!

leafminer.. im not sure i kno the difference of canoe leaves or taco leaves..

and bbfan the 1 that is 8 weeks is differnt from the 1 with the canoing leaves.. its only about 2 weeks into flower.. the other 1 does have yellowing leaves and should b ready for harvest in a month or so:D.. but the younger 1 is very strong looking.. no drooping.. jus the canoing and its only on the larger leaves.. smaller 1's look great and all the new developement looks great its more so bottom half the plant

flaboy88 said:
and bbfan the 1 that is 8 weeks is differnt from the 1 with the canoing leaves.. its only about 2 weeks into flower.. the other 1 does have yellowing leaves and should b ready for harvest in a month or so:D.. but the younger 1 is very strong looking.. no drooping.. jus the canoing and its only on the larger leaves.. smaller 1's look great and all the new developement looks great its more so bottom half the plant

I had some "canoeing" of larger fan leaves in my last grow- typically it's related to a magnesium deficiency which can easily be treated (on a plant 2 weeks into flowering) with a foilar spray of epsom salts (about 1 tablespoon per gallon of water).

The reason I say typically is because the edges of the leaves are usually yellowing with a magnesium deficiency and you said yours were very green.

It shouldn't hurt to give them a spray with epsom salts- magnesium toxicity is rare so I doubt it will hurt.

Good luck to you- I hope you get the problem solved. As leafminer said- it may just go away on its own in a week or so. Just my thoughts- hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back