a little help sexing this plant???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lordhighlama

dont mind the simple lama
Reaction score
boy or girl...

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

all are pic's of the same plant.

I can tell yet, has the leaves started to alternate yet?

Let us see the plant at a distance so we can see the nodes.

:peace:

The close pics are showing what are known as stipules; they're not pistils. I forget what purpose stipules serve, though.

yes the plant is showing alternating nodes... haven't put into 12/12 yet.

only one plant has shown female so far, the rest look like this. Will get a shot of the full plant soon for you.

It is a bit early to tell but I think you have a girl there.

in a couple of days it should have pistils coming from that little calyx...if it does it's a girl (which I think it is from it's shape) but it is still a couple days to go, and if it doesn't produce the 2 hairs, then it's a male, but you have plenty of time before it is ready to release, so hang on to it to be sure. It is still too early IMO

see that's the thing legalize... those little calyx have been there for almost 2 weeks with no change. I'm not under 12/12 currently, so I guess I'm wondering if this is all I will see until I flip them to 12/12?

Here is a pic of my one girl that has shown pre-flowers so far during veg...

macro_lady.jpg

so far this is the only one of my plants to show pre-flowers like this. :confused: The rest are just showing that little calyx looking thing.

Here is the plant in question, looking at the whole thing this time.

NL1.jpg
NL2.jpg
LST.jpg

if it's been that way for 2 weeks, then it's a male. Since you haven't switched to a flowering schedule yet it's not going to grow sets of sacks yet. I thought they were new growth, that is more than likely a male, especially if the fems have shown pistils, because the male usually shows pre-flower first. It sure is calyx shaped though huh?...it won't hurt to keep it around in flower for a few days to double check, but I would say male noe that you said it's been there for 2 weeks.

that's what I was afraid of lf, thanks for the reply. Once I get my new flower chamber finished these will all be heading into flower, should be next weekend.

But I was a bit confused because I had one male during this grow that threw a sack during veg??? Seemed strange to me, but he is by himself now. That is why I thought that this one might be a female.

LF IME Ive seen male plants develop sacks under 24/7 lighting... And they were not autos...

that is what I saw with one of my males during this grow jaam... I'm under 24/7 and had just the one throw a sack.

i have a mikado x mkultra doing the same damn thing?looks identical.i think it's probably a male.

I'd say you know what you're looking for lordhighlama.

My vote is jury's still out. If it hasn't shown yet and the other one did, my bet would be on it being female. How much longer you planning to veg?

I've never let them stay that long...I've only been indoors for a little over a yr. As soon as I see male sacks I get rid of it. I agree about being able to tell in veg...thats when I check mine. My males are gone before I flip to 12/12, I wait for the preflowers. What I meant is I have never seen multiple sacks or clusters in veg...not saying it can't do it, maybe I don't wait long enough. I usually keep everything until the fems show pistils. It has been my experience that the males show first and I usually have them off to one side. A week or so later the ladies show and when they throw pistils, and the ones that I thought were males have not...and had pre-flowers a week longer, I pitch them. This is only my experience with the strains I have grown.

My logic in this is if this thing has been like that for 2 weeks and not shown pistils and the rest have, then it's probably a male, but by all means hang on to it to be sure if you have the room. I would tell everyone to hang on to a male until they are posotive what it is...if nothing more than for them to be sure, and know what they are looking for the next time. Man they are sure calyx shaped that is what threw me off at first, but when Llama said they have been like that for 2 weeks, well it should have shown pistils by now...IMO.

JAAM...everyone of mine showed pre-flowers, male and fem, at 4 weeks into veg this grow. Joey Weed AK47/C99 everyone....talk about suprise! C99 is known for haveing early pre-flowers though, so I've read.

BBFan said:
I'd say you know what you're looking for lordhighlama.

My vote is jury's still out. If it hasn't shown yet and the other one did, my bet would be on it being female. How much longer you planning to veg?

Well I hope your right BB, but I will keep everyone posted on this one once I flip it over to flower.

I would like to have it switched over now to flower, but am working on a new cabinet. Don't want to switch to flower until I get that done. Really hoping that happens this weekend. :beatnik:

Although I was working on it this weekend and ran out of 2x4's to complete the frame. Rather exited about this build as it will be much more stealth than my current setup. :hubba:

Latest posts

Back