a little help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kind bud man

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me were to buy some good soil and does any one have any name brands that work better than others

man weres all the help please i have some really high dollar seeds i need to plant soon

i use nothing but Fox Farm soil and nutes.You do a little search on here and you will find a good amount of people use it and have great out comes heres a link to fox farm hope it helpshttp://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/

just go to your local nursery. do you know what kind of soil you are suppose to use?

thanks for the site but i dont have a green thumb im going to need alot more advise lol

their is no one specific soil you have to use for certain types of seeds you can go to a walmart and get some peat moss and your grow will grow fine soils are not that big of a deal as long as you get a half way decent type i know when i was younger i used to use the dirt that was their and i got some good bud out of it i still do use regular dirt when gureal growing i mean marijuana is a not that hard of a plant to grow people think it is but it is really not it is about as easy to grow as tommatoes well peace out and what other info do you need ill help you out even tho im more of an outdoor grow i have done my share of indoor growing to so yeah but out door is my speacilty and by far my favorite

albasketball3424 said:
just go to your local nursery. do you know what kind of soil you are suppose to use?

what are you talking about evedently you havent been growing long their is know one type of dirt you have to use to grow a certain type of seed you should really read more then help people my advice to you is read grow guides and my post in the outdoor section Newbie tips/infos and then ask questions and when you become a good grow and become wise to the world of growing then help others out!!

75% peat/25% perilite will be a fine mix. just soak and drain the peat moss first, this is accomplished by breaking the peat moss up and shower it with the water hose nozzel and letting it soak over night or dunking it with a hoe or something of the nature,next, drain the peat moss until you can squeeze a little water out of it in your fist, then mix in the perilite until it is evenly distributed. once you have your soil less mix prepared, you can start your seeds in it or germinated seedlings in it and wait for the second set of true leaves to form" these arent the 1 blade leaves, the 3 or 5 blade leaves" then start a 1/4 strength fertilizing regimine.

this should hold you over for a few weeks..hope it helps

bty. remember that mj plants dont like for their feet to stay wet.

thanks alot i also read not to fertilize till the plants are atleast 12 inches high? how true is that

I dont use ferts till flowering and with the mg soil you got i diffently would not use fert till flowering

Quote:
Originally Posted by albasketball3424

what are you talking about evedently you havent been growing long their is know one type of dirt you have to use to grow a certain type of seed you should really read more then help people my advice to you is read grow guides and my post in the outdoor section Newbie tips/infos and then ask questions and when you become a good grow and become wise to the world of growing then help others out!!

I was asking him if he new what kind to buy. Don't sit there and talk yourself up when you don't even know how i directed the question towards him. You still have to pick a quality soil if you want to get the right nutes to your planets.

when you become a good grow and become wise to the world of growing then help others out!!
wise words...they should be practiced..:D..

Foxfarms ocean forrest soil and a mix of humbolt county, advanced, and fox farms neuts used at different stages. This is what works for me.

Don't count on the soil to have all of the neuts that you need. You need to LISTEN to your plants. They will tell you what they need.I start feeding 2 weeks after my plants go into flower in ocean forrest. You can't expect the soil to supple all your needed vitamins.

Thats like eating only one food forever, imo. You'll get some vitamins but not enough to sustain a healthy life.

I'm a rookie too and am 8 weeks into my first grow. I used a mixture of miracle grow soil and vermiculite (2/3rds of the mg soil and 1/3 vermiculite) and it worked great. I have never grown anything in my life before this and my plants are thriving. Good luck.

Congrats Reheab. The one thing I learned a long time ago is if what you are doing is working then don't change it. Or if you do , do it one step at a time. This way if something goes wrong you know exactly what the culprit was.

Latest posts

Back