A long story, but worth the read!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popart

Reaction score
(2nd growing) bag seeds, soil, small closet grow with flouro. This is a long story... transplanted the little guys to their final 3 gal. container, the only potting soil I could find without fert seemed to harden to concrete, they seemed to stop growing. I wasn't sure if it was transplanting or soil, so I waited. Nothing happened. I went to the hydro store, bought some really good ph neutral soil, came home and basically dug out all the old crap and put them in the new stuff - they basically came out of the pots like they went in -- there was no new root growth. It will be a week this coming weekend since I transplanted the 2nd time. They still look like crap and I think there are more problems. I've been feeding with Ionic nutes - I fed them grow formular for the first week 1/2 - then switched to bloom. After transplanting the 2nd time-- I used only water, twice. I think I have been careful not to overwater -- I let the top get dry and stick my finger in -- if there's any damp - I don't water. You can see the plant is wilted, mostly on the bottom, the leaves are dying from bottom up. I'm attaching a pic of a fan leaf from the bottom that looked bad. I keep a fan in the closet and open it during the day so the temp isn't high (I'm in the midwest and it hasn't been too hot anyway). I think I had aphids early on in blooming and used an organic spray called "pyola" that I use on other plants. I think that's all the info from my end -- I'm hoping it's not too late for these ladies! oh - I've been checking my ph with paper thingys after adding nutes and dropping it to 6.4. I'm not sure if the dead spot on the leaf was from light burn early on - fyi.

leaf.jpg

plant.jpg

IMHO, 1st thing let the pots dry out a bit, then feed your plants as you would normaly do, if you reduce the light somehow that would be good, your plants are unwell so treat them like you would a sick child. Hope that helps.

hang on..

"I fed them grow formular for the first week 1/2 - then switched to bloom. After transplanting the 2nd time-- I used only water, twice. I think I have been careful not to overwater"

Are you in the bloom period,12/12 light?

Yes -- I am in bloom for about 4-5 weeks now 12/12 on light. Sorry left that out. The soil seems very dry -- it's very lightweight also.

ok not cool to transplant during bloom, guess that the prob, what do you think pop.

The soil seems very dry -- it's very lightweight also

Ok, so if the last time you feed/water what you used do the same but drop the EC by .2 so if the you feed at 1.8 down do 1.6 and so on. does that make sence dude, let me know glad to try and help.

I will give you the same advice someone gave me 5 years back,coco coir my friend,ph neutral,you can use any nutes,and the best part,you can use it in hydro,pots,or add to your favorite mix,it has an 87% h2o retention,so less watering,no dirty hands,no bugs due to organics in your mix,most indoor pests are caused by weak plants,or parasites that will grow in some (most )mediums,this is not rocket science,I have been growing 30+ years outdoors,and in for the last 12 or so,keep it simple is best,honestly I use guanos for my grow,and believe it or not just seaweed extract for flowering,I feed with every watering,and foliage feed until my last 7-10 days when I use just clean ph'd h2o,thats it,nough said

popart said:
I'm sorry - I don't even know what ec means? still learning....

Ok just water it with half strg feed and let her chill and get better and see where you are then, week or 2 is my guess.

ok - this is all great info. I am preparing to go hydro, figured I'd start small with a diy setup just to try it -- but man this ph stuff is killing me!

If you hate the ph bull now, just wait till you try hydro.

maineharvest said:
If you hate the ph bull now, just wait till you try hydro.

Agreed, stick with soil learn about EC/PPM and PH, it will all help and then if your brave hydro.

Latest posts

Back