A message from Granny...........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Storm Crow

Reaction score
This is my personal call for unity among the entire cannabis community.
I am posting this at all the sites I visit- it should in no way be construed by this being posted here, that this is, in any way, a "restrictive site".

I visit, on a regular basis, more than a dozen other sites ranging from a just a few members to sites well into the thousands. Each one is a good site in its own way. But I see a lot going on between sites that looks more like junior high school cliques than forums full of adults! The disunity of out cannabis sites is troubling to me. The very mention of other sites, or mods of other sites, is sometimes forbidden. Posts inviting others to look at other sites are deleted. Character assassination, name calling and site-bashing are common. It looks very much like the kind of shenanagins I see in middle school!

Time to grow up!

I want to ask the mods of those more restrictive sites-WHAT ARE YOU SO AFRAID OF??? Are you so insecure of the quality of your site that you are afraid all your members will desert you? Don't be! Every site has its own "flavor". And just because I like "chicken soup" that doesn't stop me from enjoying "Tacos" or "bubble gum" or "International cuisine"!

By becoming more open, by inviting cross-site contact, you will gain members. Belonging to one site does not preclude belonging to another! I think most of the members of this site belong to at least a few others. Encourage the ideas and information, and even members, to flow freely between the sites. This exchange is absolutely vital if we wish to get cannabis legalized in any form! Our cannabis sites can no longer afford to be "tight little islands".

Sometimes, I wonder, if we had all united as a group, presented a united front, would OG still be here? How much knowledge was lost there? Remember the lesson behind the Roman fasces? (that weird Roman ax with a handle made of sticks) A single stick can easily be broken and can't support the heavy ax blade, a ribbon can be snapped, but a bundle of sticks, bound together with that ribbon, is unbreakable- add the blade and you've got a weapon!

Our cannabis sites are like scattered sticks! Even the largest was easily broken.

Our "ax blade" is the truth about cannabis- its safety and many medical uses.

The Internet is our electronic "ribbon" that can bind us into something far more than the sum of our parts!

Well, why not start doing it? Yeah, you guys! Share what you know! Build the weapon against prohibition! And not just between individuals, but the sites need to talk and share! Stop the petty bickering! Stop being a bunch of "little sticks"! We can be a force!

Look, I try to be helpful. I turn folks on to sites or posts that I think they should see. I supply the studies that give them the medical info they need, and I connect folks on different sites, but with similar interests. I work hard for you guys! And, admit it, all of you love me for what I do. But what I do, is something all of you could and should be doing- members, mods and admins!

So why aren't we joining together? Why aren't we being what we could be? Our immature* behavior is getting in the way! Grudges are held as though they were made of gold! I've see some internet "tantrums" worthy of a spoiled 2 year old! Well, I'm going to give you the same line I use with arguing 2nd graders! "I don't care who started it! It stops right now! Rule #1 is -We treat each other with respect."

We need to treat each other with respect. Remember that what we have in common is greater than our differences! I may not agree with the basic format of a "Busty babes with buds" site, or I might think that a certain mod is a pompous ***, but if see where I can help, I will. I do what I can. I am hoping every mod and administrator can be adult enough to put aside any past differences and join together for the common good.

It's time for us to put aside our squabbles and work together. Whether your site is focused on recreational, medical or religious use or even just growing this wonderful plant, we need to reach out and speak with one voice. If a hand is offered to you in peace and unity, take it!

Starting tomorrow, we in the US have a new administration that says "Anything is possible!" Can we all join hands and work together to get cannabis legalized? Is that possible? I believe it is!

Granny :heart:

* I was going to use the word "childish", but I remembered something from my past.

One of my first assignments was as an aide for lower grade "oral-deaf" children. I noted something beautiful and amazing about those kids. Remember how awful it was, being the "new kid in school"? With them, it didn't matter if the "new deaf kid in school" was black or white, whether they were "all dolled up" or in a brother's tattered hand-me-downs, pretty or "less than perfect"... nothing mattered except that they had one of those clunky, ugly, gray hearing aids strapped on their chest. Every "new deaf kid" was greeted with smiles and hugs from the moment he or she stepped off the bus!

I learned a lot about unconditional love and acceptance that year.

Cannabis is my "hearing aid". Is it yours?

Hi Storm,
I like your message but the truth is that not everybody plays well with others. This is why many end up here because for the most part we do all play well together without the vulgarity and comments other sires allow. I'm not trying to say no to positive movement but this is why I ended up here, less drama, great mods & members, etc. I say start your own site but out of respect let's not try to reinvent the wheel at this site. Build it and see if they come... IMHO...:p

PS Nothing against you or your idea by the way, - don't want to sound negative, I just want to see this site unmolested, well mostly...:p

I have looked around several sites, even joined a few, it was natural elimination till I found a site I enjoyed visiting without bickering, back stabbing, swearing and childish banter.

Im quite happy with this forum :)

As I understand this site, this site is for private personal grows, a collective of faceless names joining together to gain and give advice, it is not part and parcel of a political movement.

:peace:

:yeahthat:

i agree with HIE and THE NEWGIRL
i do get what your saying tho grandma:heart:

i feel this site is one of the most calmest adult ive come across and the first that made me want to sign up ,,,i tried a couple more ,,nothing lasted longer than a few weeks ,,the pull of the friendly mods and members have kept me coming back allmost daily for over a year here ,,any adult tantrumas are nipped in the bud(no pun intended) :p

hope you see what a great place mp is and stay around ,,as thats what were all here for well the majority anyway ,,,to grow our own and help out fellow growers posters where we all can :peace:

i didn't read all of what you wrote, sorry! it just seems a little crazy to me.. i think you have to much time on your hands to sit and compare forums. i mean no disrespect to you granny but im gonna take a line from your post.. GROW UP! most members here enjoy the way the site is run, those who don't leave. you should decide which one of those people you are. im not trying to be rude in anyway nor am i trying to argue. i simply think its a waste of time to start a thread about things you don't like about a forum. if your not happy on the sites you visit then find new ones. if you don't like having your postes edited then read the rules. follow them and it won't happen.

this site is owned by marp he makes the rules. its not up for a vote we're not a democracy. get it got it good. have a good day

slowmo77 said:
i didn't read all of what you wrote, sorry! it just seems a little crazy to me.. i think you have to much time on your hands to sit and compare forums. i mean no disrespect to you granny but im gonna take a line from your post.. GROW UP! most members here enjoy the way the site is run, those who don't leave. you should decide which one of those people you are. im not trying to be rude in anyway nor am i trying to argue. i simply think its a waste of time to start a thread about things you don't like about a forum. if your not happy on the sites you visit then find new ones. if you don't like having your postes edited then read the rules. follow them and it won't happen.

this site is owned by marp he makes the rules. its not up for a vote we're not a democracy. get it got it good. have a good day

:yeahthat: That pretty much sums up the way I feel too. Thanks slowmo. :)

I think this is what the cannabis movement lacks is unity, I think every smoker should vote for only cannabis friendly politicians just like gun owners do for their cause (which I am not a part of).

Granny-
Very thoughtful post. Thank you. You didn't need to put the heart emoticon in your post- it's obvious your heart is in what you wrote.

It's too bad so many read your post and took it as an attack, rather than the call to arms that it is- knowledge is indeed power!

If I understand your intent correctly, it is simply asking us to open our eyes, learn when we can or need to, and do what we can as individuals. I don't see that you're asking to turn this forum into a lobbying group! And I don't believe this to be a restrictive site- the mods won't allow links out of safety, but they even participated in a recent thread about other sites.

Like it or not though, there are cliques and back stabbing here on this forum. I have seen many threads turn into attacks: People just trying to show how smart they are? I don't know. Heck, I've even been given a bad rep for simply agreeing with someone on an issue. Ow, that hurt. Unfortunately there are many children on this forum- you never know who you're talking to.

Slowmo- I'm very surprised with your response to this post. I have and will continue to read your posts and insights- I have the utmost respect for you, but you caught me off guard with your response.

HIE- You too. I have HUGE respect for you and your insights! You're about the most sensible person IMO on this forum! But how do you get that Granny's post was an attempt to turn this into a political forum? Maybe I misread it, but I don't get that. Just asking us to do what we can do and have some respect for each other.

You know, every time I visit this forum there's always someone complaining about the laws regarding MJ. That's what this post is about. I think the only thing Granny is asking is that we respect each other and hear each other- and realize that we all want the same thing; And that we be open and open-minded. As Margaret Mead said: "Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Like I said, knowledge is power- and it's also the greatest gift we can give each other. It's worthless if we don't give it and even more worthless if we don't accept it.

I think the mods here do a great job- although I'm sure the pay and benefits are rewarding-and I apologize if I have offended anyone or violated the rules of the site. This is the only site I visit. The vast majority of the posters here seem to be good people. But as I just read in a post a few minutes ago- "The world is not flat!" Just my .02.
-BBFan

Way To go Storm Crow! I must tell you all that Granny is a friend of mine. We have been in contact about this for quite a while. During my personal efforts to get this message out to other sites I was appalled to see my peaceful posts pulled on one site in particular. The above post is Granny's way of aiding us all in this effort. Good things are already happening by us sharing freely information. On many different sites. If by doing this we can make just one person suffer less, or be less fearful, isn't it our obligation to do this?

As far as fear of losing advertising and members, this is a huge ocean of MMJ and MJ users out there. Plenty for all. Each site is a unique group and family of people. We ourselves are not in this for the money, believe me. So far this is a huge money pit for us personlly but so far we are fortunate and have managed and will continue to do so. It is not about the money for us.

Recently I had to watch a member of my family die from cancer, and any help the knowledge of our herb gave me, was denied to him. This had a profound impact on myself and my family. If in doing this I can help someone in this world not have to suffer in this way, then I will do this. That is it. It must be done and in-action is killing people, and putting many of them into prisons, all over the world. It is not about the all mighty buck. It is about our humanity. And what we choose to do with it.

So here we go! See what you think and let us all see where this path can lead us!

Presently my partner, Jonnyappleweed and myself own Green Passion.org as of Nov.14/08. We are reaching out the a hand of friendship and wanting to start this ball rolling.

With this change of site ownership and a New day here, we wish to create a joining of all sites of our genre in the future. It stands to reason, as we know we have a bigger battle we should put our strengths and fighting skills to: Legalizing our Herb World Wide. It makes absolutely no sense to fight each other. We are all on the same side.

So in the spirit of New Beginnings and fresh relationships with all people, and no wish at all to be at odds with anyone, please accept my offer of friendship. In this vien, we now have links to other sites on our home page and several other sites have also done this in return. We wish to encourage Marijuana Passion to join in this movement. We seem to have many things in commen. Our site is also comprised of more mature members, as is yours. The sharing of knowledge and wisdom is all this is about and joining together to link arms and hearts in this war.

Together we can be unbeatable.

It is a new day, let us all work together to begin in a new way.

Please, mods, admins, whoever, we also do not wish to steal members or spam your fine site. I have been a member here for just a short while, and respect one and all. What we wish to do is encourage and promote Law changes, and Universal Sharing of Knowledge about our herb and what it can do. It would be such a fine world if we could all share wisdom and brotherhood, together, each site and person joined and united to fight for law changes. This would make us unbeatable.

And isn't this what it is truely about?

Peace,
And respect to all.

To Life,
J-angel

Waaaay back in march of '08 i visited/lurked on several sites. I JOINED this site. The reasoning is simple. I can offer, and request information without getting my chops busted for it. The main reason I belong here and not somewhere else is because I want to help people, not jump in someones **** when they ask a simple question. Mostly in outdoor growing, because thats how I grow, and electrical issues, because thats what I do for a living.

that said, I am a proud, donating, card carrying member of NORML, and when i want to discuss activisim thats where i go. I read the rules when I joined here and if I diddn't like, or was not willing to accept the rules I wouldn't be here, spewing from my blowhole like this.

I WILL check out Green Passion.org and if its cool than you will see me there too. But this site as I read it, when i joined, is dedicated to growing and related issues and that's the way a lot of folks here like it.

BBFan said:
how do you get that Granny's post was an attempt to turn this into a political forum?

Respect back BB :)

I have seen this exact post in more than 1 other place, its simple cut and paste.

I have a question for you, why is the poster not called Granny?

When you figure that out, ask why a new member would post such political propaganda.

:peace:

Good point HIE. After I posted that, I looked around at a few other sites- something I never do- (I spend enough time here at MP- don't need any more distractions; really a great group here that have certainly helped me out- you certainly being among the most helpful- thanks again for that).
And what I did find at other sites was a lot less- "well if you don't like it here- leave" attitude that I saw in a few posts here. Maybe I over-reacted, I don't know. But whether it's spam or propaganda- the message was inherently good. One post is not going to change a site- but we do discuss other things here at MP, not strictly grow related. If a few more people get on board the MMJ issue- it's only a good thing in IMO.
Thank you very much for having an open mind to my comments- you have only increased the level of respect I have for you.
Regards- BBFan

"why is the poster not called Granny?"

Because I was "Storm Crow" long before I even hit my 50's! This is a snip from an essay I did years ago-

"Some folks wonder why I call myself “Storm Crow”. It’s usually defined as a harbinger of disaster. I look at it a little differently. A crow sees the storm coming, flees it, all the while, warning others. If you’re too dumb to heed the warning and take shelter, you’re going to get soaked. The crow, meantime, is miles away warning others and getting out of the way of the worst of the storm. Our world has been a bit “stormy” lately, so I feel kind of “Storm Crow”-ish.
Anyway, I love crows. Garbed in iridescent black feathers, they are understatedly beautiful. They are graceful in flight and will do acrobatics for the joy of it as they fly. They are equally at home on the earth or in the sky. They are intelligent and have a real sense of humor."

Granny

I think the mods here do a great job- although I'm sure the pay and benefits are rewarding-
....:rofl:.... MarP' musta' had my 401K invested in fanny may...:p my last paycheck was written on a plain brown manilla envelope and went something like.."I O U"...yadda yadda yadda... "our book keeper is named Helen Waite.. if you have any questions about your payroll.. Please go to Helen Waite"...:HA!

hey folks. Just to let you know that we have had an incredible response! So far we have 22 sites on our home page with links. We have many mods and members from sites everywhere dropping by to say hi.
Projects in the works between sites and many new ideas starting to come out.

Latest posts

Back