A question for those who use co2...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ish I understand your desire to see for yourself. But I have to tell you that I was running twice as many jugs of home brew in a 4x4x6 ft area, and saw absolutely NO increase in yeild...these systems are a waste of time and money. If you want to use c02, make the investment to do it right. I was told the same thing and had to find out for myself...and wasted alot on sugar and yeist, and all the time involved.

don't worry guys.. i'm getting to the bottom of this...
:48:
:bong1:
:bong2:
:bong:

4x4x6.... 96 cubic feet....
i'm work'n a micro 2.5 cubic feet...
and without the testing of CO2 content I cant say yay or nay...
my tests will run for a month +...

I appreciate everyone's input and advice..

yet still haven't gotten the answer I originally asked for.

I do not know what answer you want, but if you knew the answer why did you ask?

But your homemade CO2 maker will not work, it will not do what you want or expect, it is a waste of time.

I'm sure you could increase your yield with co2 if done right. dont think you can expect to see 5X the yield unless you veg 5x longer. I use co2 but im still in veg though I can see a difference the co2 makes. and im sure my yield will be better than if i didn't use it. With your dyi setup the only thing i would recomend would be to set your jugs above plants if possible being co2 will fall as soon as it escapes the bottle. being your in such a small space you may have some luck but in a larger i wouldn't waste my time. IMO you need the right eqip. to have the best results and that will cost some were near $1000 to get setup right.

Hi,

I ran CO2 tanks for about 7-8 years in several grow rooms, using 20lb tanks which b.t.w. refers to the amount of CO2 they carry and not the final weight of the cylinder full...;) Boy I don't miss going to fill those anymore at the local welding shop and hauling them around.:hubba: To get the benefits you're looking for Ishnish requires a host of gadgets (ppm analyzer, controller, solenoid controlled gas cylinder valve, etc.) and most growers have to revamp their exhaust system so they are not evacuating the CO2 faster than it can be put in the grow room. IF you can keep your temps elevated to 85 consistently and get all your ducks in a row with your room exhaust design you can get some really solid results ime. But... as long as you have a constant air exchange in your room you can sure grow the top quality buds without CO2 elevation.

Besides hauling tanks around, the one thing I didn't care for with CO2 is the explosive growth rates which made timing crops and judging stretch all the more challenging every single grow. I stopped using CO2 about when inline fans came into vogue and I no longer had to work with inadequate squirrel cage fans that lacked the horsepower to pull out heat effectively from my room. My overall yield dropped ever so slightly but in no time I learned that with tweaks to my veg timing, pruning and LST I could make up those losses and look ma! NO tanks! :p

I have an old high school pal who is an accountant in Helena, Montana these days and that state approved med mj about a year ago. He told me that he has a business client who owns a welding gas supply company and in the last year his profits have DOUBLED in CO2 sales...:rolleyes: He's THRILLED at how well CO2 is helping his business... lol...:laugh:

Peace~!:cool:

No filter as of yet, will be using a scrubber come time to flower, I'm using a Hydrogen pro co2 gen. with a plug and grow co2 monitor

How do you run your lines to the gen? Chiller, just waste, etc? And how would you compare the gas gen vs above?

pcduck said:
I do not know what answer you want, but if you knew the answer why did you ask?
But your homemade CO2 maker will not work, it will not do what you want or expect, it is a waste of time.

sorry i had the wrong choice of words... i really just wanted every ones opinion and advice. which I got.

seems a 50/50 take on whether it's a waste of time or not...
I've been thinking of brewing my own beer/wine anyway and would like to see how a lil extra CO2 helps..

maybe the only difference is 50 ppm and the only extra it'll give me is an eighth ounce at the end of the year.. i'll take it.

Thanks everyone!
:48:

sorry for being so blunt ish just that there are a lot better ways of not having to worry about that extra 8th

i think we all need a blunt here and there... :D :48:
growing my own has helped my save money have have better quality product.
I'm thinking brewing my own homebrew would help similarly and why not keep it all in the same closet..?

bad news with humidity I would imagine

yeah... my humidity has been on the rise lately with snow melting all over the place... is over 50% bad?

pcduck said:
sorry for being so blunt ish just that there are a lot better ways of not having to worry about that extra 8th

Well said!

Also Ish...if your brewing something worth drinking then I'm all for it!!! But if your just going to put sugar and yeist together to brew then forget it man. Your increase in yeild will be minimal, if any. I got a cousin who makes the best bannana wine!

Latest posts

Back