A sad chapter in my life

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pot Belly

Honeywagoneer
Reaction score
I lost a very close family member this week, and I can't seem to shake this heavy feeling of sadness. Everywhere I go, I see a reminder of this person, and it overwhelms me with such feeling and emotion, it seems that I don't know how to relieve myself of it. I never knew that I would ever feel this way as I'm for the most part, a tough guy.

I have feelings of guilt that I didn't spend as much time as I could with this person. I know that I was loved very much, and I wish right now I could've done so much more with the time I was allowed to spend while this very special person was in my life...........

I know I have to face my demons that have caused this guilt. Most of it was being too busy, allowing myself to push away the precious opportunities I had to spend time with this person. Oh, how I wish I could go back in time...........

Time will help ease my grief, and overwhelming sadness. It won't forget that I didn't make the best of the time I had with a special loved one.

Don't take your loved ones for granted folks - It will cause tremendous grief when you say goodbye to that lifeless person in that cold metal casket.

Oh PB, I am so sorry. :(

I know its easier said then done, but don't beat yourself up over the shoulda, coulda, wouldas. I bet your friend knew he meant something to you. :)

Big hugs my friend. I am thinking about you during this rough time. May your friend R.I.P.

Stay strong my friend. Time will heal your wounds and remember you always have a family here if you ever need to talk.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. everything happens for a reason. you may not know it now, but in time youll gain knowledge...you already did...love ur family, dont waste time, live for the moment. you friends deat hwas not in vein, you too ka very valuable lesson from it and im sure his/her spirit will live on in you with your new outlook on life. live for and for that person. i this is out there but i hope it helps.

Stay strong my friend. Reflect on the time you DID have with your friend. They are still with you as we speak. They may be gone, but never forgotten!!
Hang in there. Jus remember, Your friend would want you to still be happy. And again sorry for you lost and take it easy. Im rolling a blunt now and ima take a few hits outta the hooka for you my friend.

Thoughts and prayers with you and yours PB. Hang in there..take oneday ata time bro...it gets easier. ;)

PB I am sorry to hear that and my the lord be with u through all of this!! It always help to talk with the man up stairs....
May God Be With U !!!

My deepest sympathies go out to YOU!
I as well have a few demons I need to rid myself of....It's been 3 years and I am certain I will always miss my dearest friend I ever had. If only I could of.........is the question I'm always asking myself. But, all things do happen for a reason. I miss him dearly, he was my ROCK and now he is my Guardian Angel.

:cry:​

I am so sorry to hear of your loss bro, there really is nothing i could say that would make your feelings change about how you feel. I can say that you will work it out in time, you will. I have lost a few people in my life and also felt the same as you do. I am truely sorry you have to deal with these emotions, but i feel i am stronger an wiser now. Keep that chin up and those shoulders broad, you to will overcome.

PB, I am so sorry to hear that your dear family member has passed on...I know how hard it is to be in the position that you are in right now...

As Blunt said, think about the times you DID enjoy with your loved one, AND it is very true that this dear one does NOT want you to feel unhappy...just the opposite.

I believe that when so0meone crosses over into the 'non-physical' realm, it is a joyful experience...it's we who are left here that bear our burden of 'shoulda, coulda, woulda thoughts'...surely your dear loved one would NOT want you to feel the pain of these thoughts, PB.

Celebrate the good memories you enjoyed and try to be easy with yourself...

Hey everyone.

Thanks for the responses, support, and words of wisdom. I do agree that everything happens for a reason beyond my limited understanding - at this point in time.........

I have many years of memories to think about as I continue to remain on terra firma. And I still have a lot to do before I leave.

It is going to include spending more time with the family, dealing with other demons, and putting a little extra thought in in a kiss or hug, or phone call, or visit.

Thanks again everyone.

PB

Hello Pot Belly,
My thoughts are with you at this confusing and sad time. At first it seems unbearable but with time along with celebrating your close happy times together will pull you through.
Peace
Artfan

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. If there is anything I can do for you pleas don't hesitate to PM me anytime. My Prayers are with you during these hard times you are having.

Hang in there man, just remember they will always be with u, heart and soul.

im sorry for your loss,,,,im sure the person you speak of also wishes they had spent more time with you ,,,,life is to short for woulda shoulda coulda ,,,,,when you are sad and missing your special person ,,,,smile and be glad for the time you did have together ,,,not sad for the time you did not have ,,,,,love transcends death ,,,,,,,they only die if you forget them ,,,,be strong ,,,,,,p,l,r

Latest posts

Back