a stress question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufindo

weedaholic
Reaction score
i have 6 plants in 5 gal buckets in a 5x6 closet with a 400watt hps hanging over them. the outside plants have been leaning in towards the middle. an i causing unwanted stress by rotating the buckets so that they grow straight? or should i let them do on their own?

No I dont think its any stress on the plants. I move all my plants around so they all get a chance to be in different spots. Mine also lean in towards the light. IMO this helps them, I think it builds stronger stems. Your all good keep doing what your doing.

How high is your lamp from the plants and what is your background consist of? Mylar or a painted wall?
I would throw a couple of cfls on the corners of the room to help the backside of plants.
As far as you moving them, it actually might help them in a very small way actually, a plant on the outside is consistently getting wind moving the plant in all sorts of directions, this causes the plant to thicken it stems and harden up more than a plant with no air circulation.. hope this helps..

Firepower said:
How high is your lamp from the plants and what is your background consist of? Mylar or a painted wall?
I would throw a couple of cfls on the corners of the room to help the backside of plants.
As far as you moving them, it actually might help them in a very small way actually, a plant on the outside is consistently getting wind moving the plant in all sorts of directions, this causes the plant to thicken it stems and harden up more than a plant with no air circulation.. hope this helps..
well... i have 2 nevills haze and 4 blue widow, so the haze is like 3 ft tall and the bw are 1 ft tall. so ive got the light about 2 ft from the haze. and its just flat paint in the closet. i sure will put some cfls in the corners - thanx!

cfl's are virtually worthless if over 1 foot away from your plants.
The intensity of light observed from a source of constant intrinsic luminosity falls off as the square of the distance from the object. This is known as the inverse square law for light intensity.

Thus, if I double the distance to a light source the observed intensity is decreased to (1/2)2 = 1/4 of its original value.
INVERSE SQUARE LAW

Latest posts

Back