Above the infulence commercials.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxdjbud420xx

Reaction score
I know everyone or most of us has seen the Above the Influence commercials. They have a good cause to keep kids from makin choices there not ready to make. But everytime I hear one or see one on tv I actually kinda get irritated. The manipulation they use to make you think a certain way is absurde. Like the latest one shows a girl with bad grades, a kid forgetting to pick up his friends and another laying on a coutch with cheetoes up his nostrils and marker all over his face. The grades is a two way street I guess. I had a few friends in highschool who smoked and made pretty damn good grades and is now very successfull. I didnt smoke untill I was an adult and made not so good grades in school. Anyone can forget anything at anytime. Not due to smoking but Im sure it happens. lol. The cheetoes and drawings thing Ive never seen while smoking but have seen numerous times while I and others were pretty drunk. Its just another propaganda attempt to misinform the public. They have good intentions to disuade the youth, but dont manipulate and misinform.

Norml is finnaly able to broadcast some PRO marijuana commercials. They are currently having a contest for the best commercial on thier website.

It has been a long time coming. For years, the big broadcasters would not even allow a pro pot commercial, no matter how much NORML paid.
They have finally got the OK to air thier side.

Coming to a TV station near you.

You can actually go to norml's website and vote for the one you would like to see aired.

xxdjbud420xx said:
... The cheetoes and drawings thing Ive never seen while smoking but have seen numerous times while I and others were pretty drunk...

LOL--I used to whitewater raft a lot--week trips through wilderness areas. It was kind of a tradition to "magic marker" the face and head (if they were bald) of the first person who passed out on the trip (usually a rookie--you can only get so drunk the night before and expect to be able to battle the water the next day). Since we carried no mirrors, some of these guys would go the whole trip and not realize they had been "magic markered" until the pictures of the trip came back.

Those commercials are **. If they really wanna help the youth they should be talkin about dangerous drugs.....alcohol,pills etc. For a teenager i think alcohol can be the most dangerous. I try to stay above the influence of those commercials cuz i know if ur a lazy unreliable person b4 u smoke, chances r ur gonna be after.

Hahah I've got to quote the hilarious quote from Doug Benson which he says in 'Super High Me' ( this is a rough quote not exact )

''Have you guys seen these marijuana commercials? Last night I was watching one and it was these 2 girls sitting on a couch, 1 of the girls is smoking weed and begins to sink into the couch, the other girl says 'she smokes pot, this is all she does now, all we do is sit here and watch her smoke pot', first of all not the brightest personality in the world? how much of a loser are you if your the person who sits with the stoner while they melt into the couch, and secondly, Being a pot smoker Im not insulted by the commercial, first thing that pops in my mind is , Where do I get some of that weed!, I've been smoking the cant find my keys weed and somewhere out there someones smoking the melting into the couch pot''

I kinda think there funny and I also dont think anyone really thinks thats tha truth

mikepro88 said:
I kinda think there funny and I also dont think anyone really thinks thats tha truth
you would be surprised.people are easily misled these days,we live in a very ignorant time sadly.one of the funnier commercials is the episode were the kid gets hit on the bike in a drive thru...oh man that cracks me up.this is one of the obvious no brainer never happening type deals.where a random kid about the age of 6 is riding her bike on a busy sidewalk by a main road by herself.while 4 kids hotbox the car with about less than 1/4 of the joint smoked in a drive thru.lets get real here....number one i smoke about 1/4 of the joint on my first two puffs even on some bomb diggity,then going around 3 more people??its damn near halfway gone by the time it comes back to me.and the car being hotboxed off that little bit of the joint burning?and why the hell are they smoking in such a place like a public drive thru?and if your going so far as to obviously try to go to jail by doing all of the above,why the hell would you leave the joint in the ashtray?but it shows none of them smoking it at all.so one could believe that there trying to portray that it was lit and sat in the ashtray and they caught a contact.which no matter how they made it look all of the above is a impossible scenario.by the way...did they even get there food?

yeah that one was the best. they were tyrin so hard they made themselves look stupid.........but sadly i think the only people who know those comm. r ** r people who have smoked.

I still remember the ones with the eggs in the skillets. Way back in the mid 80s.

xxdjbud420xx said:
I still remember the ones with the eggs in the skillets. Way back in the mid 80s.
Lmao, this is your brain :)
this is your brain on drugs :hubba:

what commercial r u guyz talkin about...
i cant remeber my brains to fried.loljk

Latest posts

Back