adding flavor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stayhigh

Reaction score
how do i go about adding flavor to my ladies. u know like strawberry, apple , ect..

I've read in a post somewhere on this forum that you can give your plants a mango smell/flavor by adding in mango meat, mang skin, rotting mango. Not sure if you just mix this into the soil (doubt it) or make a tea from it and water your plants.

I think KindPhriend has been making teas mixed with fruits and other organic material like bat guano and stuff.

I would also like to read about some other tips to giving your buds some extra smell/flavor.

I have read that in hydro just put some food flavouring in the water a few days before harvest, like vanilla or orange essence.

If you put some orange peel in with your bud, when it's curing, it is also supposed to do the trick.

Personally, I like the way bud tastes without messing with it. By all accounts, some of this flavoured bud can be a little harsh to smoke.

thanks any more input is appreciated. just trying 2 b exotic:joint:

i like the sound of adding a few drops of vannila essance into a hydro system or maby cherry flavour somthing like that...ummm!!!

sounds stupid doing flavors considering most ppl grow to get away from all the crap that gets sold from dealers :)

Not true actually. I love how weed has different fruit flavors. But, one way i know how to change the flavor of your herb is when your curing it, cut up w/e it is that you want it to taste (strawberry, watermelon,ect..) and put it at the bottom of your tupperware container and place your pot on top of it in a papertowel.

Uk1 said:
sounds stupid doing flavors considering most ppl grow to get away from all the crap that gets sold from dealers :)
What?!? Most dealers I know don't have fruity smelling killer buds:rolleyes: but just the opposite lol.

lol i didnt mean it like that i mean stuff like well i dont know what it is but a few months back people had their own opinion but there was weed going around that had , sand , fibre glass , some weird stuff in it haha , but hmm im not sure now ,i think i read it somewhere here that if you add flavors it keeps bugs away??? or did i dream it lmao

are you saying if he wants strawberry you add a strawberry into the container below lol

im gonna try that out when my bagseeds harvest... im gonna try some vanill extract.. thats pretty strong...:D

uk1...No one is talking about adding fiberglass and other harmful stuff to the bud. Just ways to add different fruit tastes/smells.

Personally I would just buy a a strain with fruit characteristics and give it a nice long cure to bring out the flavor. I prefer to taste the bud for what it is.

stayhigh said:
how do i go about adding flavor to my ladies. u know like strawberry, apple , ect..

There are no generaly accepted methods of adding these flavors that isn't looked down upon by expert growers as another newby "dumb frikken idea".

Two products on the market that give good results in enhancing end product flavor are Sweet Leaf and Sweet. Save your money as they are mostly Blackstrap molasses which in my opinion is one of the BEST additives for a soil grow. one teaspoon per gallon of water. Not only does it improve the flavor of your strain but it BULKS up the size of your buds ALOT. HIGHLY RECOMENDED!!!

nah pewpew i ment that's what has been going around here a few months back

Latest posts

Back