adult ADD and weed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baked builder

Reaction score
hi there, i have had ADD my whole life, not the hyperactive kind but just the short attention span type! i have tried many different medications all with side effects much worse than the ADD! i now smoke weed almost every day in the evenings with no harsh side effects and it works better than any prescription drug and its relaxing too! is it true that marijuana can help with mild cases of ADD, because it seems to be working fine for me!

well im no expert but if you feel it works better for you than conventional pills go ahead ,,,just make sure u get all the facts :tokie:

I'm kinda in the same boat as you, except that I was only diagnosed with ADD a little over a year ago (I'm 30 something).

The doc started me on Adderall, I didn't like that one. It kinda felt like I was all hopped up on espresso (I know, it is an amphetamine. :eek:). It seemed to come on for short times and wouldn't last the whole day. I then went on the extended relief, and I was maxing out the recommended dosage, so the doc felt it better to try something else. I have been on Vyvanse, which is a new time release med that is made by the same PharmCo as Adderall. I liked it when I first started, but, I still feel that it really is only an amphetamine stimulant. When I say that, I feel that it helps some, but not as much as I would hope with the standard side effects of an amphetamine (though, I do like the fact that I can eat about 5000 calories a day and still have about 10% body fat. :cool:).

I'm like you, in that I have found that smoking weed helps a lot. It slows my mind down (duh!:eek:) and I am able to keep to the tasks at hand. Obviously, it does make those tasks a lot longer and sometimes, if I don't double and triple check my work, I make stupid errors. But, all in all, MJ seems to do the best for me.

I just wish that there was a better way to test MJ in a clinical environment. There are way too many variables to be able to run accurate clinical tests on how MJ helps ADD, Depression, Anxiety, etc...

Keep a flame on it! :bongin:

I understand also, i have ADHD iv had it since i was in like 2nt grade. And weed has always helped me with it. I also have insomnia and weed is the only thing that that helps.

yea and weed also can give you insomnia, like in my case, or a eating disorder also im my case. Long term use mess's things up in some. The doc relates it back to my MJ usage being extreme.

headband said:
yea and weed also can give you insomnia, like in my case, or a eating disorder also im my case. Long term use mess's things up in some. The doc relates it back to my MJ usage being extreme.

I highlighted the key word in your post. If that is what you and your doctor want to "blame" the insomnia, or eating disorder, that is your two's personal opinions [is that correct grammar? :stoned:] . But I can also say, in my personal opinion, MJ usage may have helped contribute to these problems.

I like to think of the science of how no two people in this world are the same (DNA, etc...) and therefore marijuana (and any other drug, really) reacts differently to everybody (although, the majority would have very similar reactions).

Am I making any sense? I'm really stoned right now. :bong:

Latest posts

Back