Aeroponics Painfully Slow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stoney Bud said:
The same water temp applies to them as well.

NFT can be prone to root problems if the volume of roots outgrow the area allowed. With proper planning, root rot is almost impossible.
stony you just contradicted everything i was tought about water temps and root rot i am so confused now but thanks for the info anyways

hgih said:
stony you just contradicted everything i was taught about water temps and root rot i am so confused now but thanks for the info anyways
Where did your previous information come from?

I gather mine from people who have performed tests to prove what they say. The results of the tests are available from doing searches on the net or at my local library. I'm like a pit-bull man. When I'm faced with a problem that has contradictory answers, I research it until I've found actual testing that supports the one true side of the argument.

I lose a lot of friends that way too. I can't stand it when someone tells others something that is unproven and/or totally wrong. "A friend of mine did it" is the one that makes me laugh the hardest.

Good luck to you man. If you ever have something you can't find the proven answer for, let me know. It may take me some time, (a few days), but I always find the answer that is supported with facts and testing, not that guy that everyone knows.... :D

"Marijuana thrives when its roots are kept at room temperature, about 72 degrees. When the air temperature remains at 72 degrees and the root zone is cool, which often happens when containers are placed on a cold floor, the roots do not work as efficiently as they do at a higher temperature."

Ed Rosenthal
http://cannabisculture.com/articles/2565.html

This is close to the temperature of 75 degrees F. that I was taught.

most of my info comes from asking questions on forums (mjp, a.n. forums) and reading about other users experience i learn from others mistakes thanks stony

the guy at my local hydro store was adament about me not letting my water temp go above 70 i have my system at 72. he was saying something about losing oxiygen or less oxidation occuring bc the water temp being hi. i was wondering if you had any proof of either statement. stoney bud i trust ur opinion so id like you to enlighten me to the correct temp

Stoney Bud said:
Your water temp should be at 75-80. At 62, it will slow growth some.

How much root mass is there? Can you post a pic? It might just be that your root mass isn't developed good enough yet. There are additives that will radically increase root development.

If its a Aero setup, root rot is almost impossible, if setup right, like stoney said, because it is almost impossible to not have oxygen going to your roots with a Aero setup, or really any setup for that matter....even DWC you need a air stone for oxygen, and in a deep flo hydro or NFT, the air where this is no water, is your oxygen, and the only way you can ever get root rot on really any hydro system is if it dosent drain right, or you didnt set it up right to drain and turn off your hydro system and let your plants sit in 1-2 inches of water for like 3 days straight...that is also pretty unlikely, because with hydro, its constantly going or its off for a half of a day max usually.
Idk...there really isnt a way to screw up a hydro grow with the cause being root rot IMO.
But hey...I am the new guy....my info is wrong, right? lol

wikkedsun said:
the guy at my local hydro store was adament about me not letting my water temp go above 70 i have my system at 72. he was saying something about losing oxiygen or less oxidation occuring bc the water temp being hi. i was wondering if you had any proof of either statement. stoney bud i trust ur opinion so id like you to enlighten me to the correct temp

Root Zone Temperature (RZT) is self-explanatory - it is the temperature in the area of the roots. Marijuana thrives when its roots are kept at room temperature, about 72 degrees. When the air temperature remains at 72 degrees and the root zone is cool, which often happens when containers are placed on a cold floor, the roots do not work as efficiently as they do at a higher temperature.

by Ed Rosenthal (02 Aug, 2002)
CANNABIS CULTURE MAGAZINE

I prefer to have mine at 75F. I've been growing using hydroponics for more than 25 years. It works for me. I've never had root rot.....ever. My hydro system produces a pound of weed from each 3.5 x 5.5 foot area. I use a one hour on, two off cycle for my pumps with two 430 watt HPS in each room.

i wasnt worried about root rot i was worried about less oxygen in the water so less air for the roots but after what stoney said im going to raise my aero temp and ill keep u guys posted on how it turns out

Grownothing said:
If its a Aero setup, root rot is almost impossible, if setup right, like stoney said, because it is almost impossible to not have oxygen going to your roots with a Aero setup, or really any setup for that matter....even DWC you need a air stone for oxygen, and in a deep flo hydro or NFT, the air where this is no water, is your oxygen, and the only way you can ever get root rot on really any hydro system is if it dosent drain right, or you didnt set it up right to drain and turn off your hydro system and let your plants sit in 1-2 inches of water for like 3 days straight...that is also pretty unlikely, because with hydro, its constantly going or its off for a half of a day max usually.
Idk...there really isnt a way to screw up a hydro grow with the cause being root rot IMO.
But hey...I am the new guy....my info is wrong, right? lol

Latest posts

Back