Afghani - Pot Belly Style

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there PB, great GJ...your little ladies look lovely! :D Glad to hear you are using the FF nutes, been undecided on that so far, but think I'll go with FF also. They seem to have an excellent product line and I like what I've seen.

I'll be watching your grow, sorry I didn't see it sooner! ;)

allgrownup said:
'Bagious Seedious'....... :rofl:

hey man, pick up some FF Cha Ching as well. I did not use that on my last grow but am on my current. i do see a difference. It is used the last 5 weeks of flowering. I am going to flush with ph'd water on my final week though. sure you don't want to transplants those 16oz'rs???

great grow!

AGU - Glad you like. Will get the Cha Ching on my next order........ They are going to be transplanted into final grow containers most likely tonight..........

85cannabliss said:
hope they get better not worse, coz this is looking to be a good diary PB. im growing afghan #1, whats the difference between #1 & #3 anyway?

Hey 85c - Thanks for the compliment and stopping in. They'll be fine in another day. Don't worry.;)

As far as the #1 or #3, I think it's an Afghan crossed with another phenotype, variety, or strain. Hopefully the strain has stabilized.

I am starting to get over my head on the crosses at this point. Hick is the man on that stuff. Although I would like to understand the bells and whistles too.

audix2359 said:
Looking good. I was happy to see that you are using 12/12 lighting from seed as I'm doing the same thing and you are about 10 days ahead of me. I'll be following closely!

Thanks for stopping in. Great to hear your doing 12/12. This is first 12 /12 from seed, so it'll be a good grow experience.

Do you have a journal? What strain have you got going?

DankCloset said:
looks great, i'll also be growing a plant in a similar setup just cuz lol

What kind of setup are you going to do?

Rdrose said:
Hi there PB, great GJ...your little ladies look lovely! :D Glad to hear you are using the FF nutes, been undecided on that so far, but think I'll go with FF also. They seem to have an excellent product line and I like what I've seen.

I'll be watching your grow, sorry I didn't see it sooner! ;)

Glad you made it to my side of the fire. LOL!

Go with the FF nutes. They have the fool-proof chart, and nutes set up for growing and flowering..........

PB:)

Fire.......some one say fire?
I'd like to play in the fire.........

:woohoo:​

roasted_hog.jpg

hay iam high as hell and thought about something looking at your plants, have you thought about them being root bound? dunno if u fixed the prob yet, have you transplanted yet?

Hey everyone - Update on the Afghani's. Looking closely at one plant, it looks like I have the makings of little male appendages growing from the upper nodes on the main stalk. I'm pretty sure one is going to be a male. Need a few more days for sure..........I looked all over for alt nodes, and couldn't find any........Stumped, possible beginnings of sex with no alt nodes. We'll give it a few more days for sure.........

The other one "looks" different......I'm betting that one to be female.

I put some more Afghani seeds to germ, and I have 3 cracking so far out of 6. So we will have some more plants to join our Afghani grow very soon.

I will be needing a good male to make some more Afghani seeds, so I am not too disappointed that one shows up.

The only thing I think I understand about the early males, is their genetics is trying to revert the strain back to hemp. It's better to pick a late flowering male if you're planning to breed. I need to consult an MJ horticulture book as I'm getting in over my head again.

Whats up PB. Sounds like everything is going great. We have had males show balls before they had alternating nodes and vice versa. Even with some females. ;) We just put a female into flower that had pre flowers but she still doesn't have alternating nodes. The strain is called Grizzly. Thing showed pre flowers at 3 weeks old. Anyway everything is sounding great. Here's some GREEN MOJO for them babies. ;)

Yo Pb, i hope everything work well for ya grow. and from what i read ya do wanna get a late flower male and an early flower female if i remember correct.

Hey everyone - I have great news! At 20 days from popping ground, the other Afghani has shown her little pistils on the main stalk......

So we have one female and one male so far...........

The male will be tucked somewhere far away from flowering so I can get some pollen.........

Have 2 other beans popping the surface and are planted in 16 oz cups.....

Pics very soon.......

COME ON POTBELLY!!!!! bring them ladies on!!!! LOL i hope the others you planted comes out a lady aswell.

Well I couldn't stand it............ Had to post some more pics sooner than later.

Since we have a female, it is really time to transplant her into her final grow container before her roots are bound in the 16 oz cup.

Found some plastic bins at a junk sale that are perfect 1 gallon grow containers. They are low, great for a low grow box, but still have enough volume for the roots.

Took a step by step pictoral of what I did during the transplant: Took container, drilled 6 holes for drainage, pulled out plant to show roots, gently spread bottom of root mass so it would lower the plant and expose roots to grow out into the new soil. Although she had plenty of roots, she was not root bound by any means at 20 days. The roots were very easily separated.

You can see the nute burn on the older growth, but new growth is not affected. Have not given any more nutes yet. Will let ya know when I do.

Hope this helps. PB:)

100_0924.jpg

100_0926.jpg

100_0927.jpg

100_0918.jpg

100_0919.jpg

100_0920.jpg

100_0921.jpg

100_0922.jpg

100_0923.jpg

Looking good PB. I like the step by step pictures. ;) Looks like she's gonna pull outta the nute burn. Gotta be careful with those damn nutes mang. ;)

Hi PB, I like those pans/pots you are using! Good space savers. I'd like to find some square pots for my grow area, but never considered something that shallow...opens up the door for new options!! :rolleyes:

Yeah!!! A lady afghani!!! :aok: Your babies are looking good, PB.

Latest posts

Back