Afghani - Pot Belly Style

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
right on pb, there definatly lookin delicious, cant wait to see it sag from fattyness lol

Dc

Pot Belly said:
Hey everyone. Posting pics of the Afghani.

I have begun to train her with LST. I'm going to limit her canopy height by pulling down any new growth. I want to end up with a wide, flat canopy top when she gets to getting done. This maximizes my lighting area and bud locations to get that even, intense light. I am at 6,200 lumens per sq ft.

She has only gotten FF BB and TB, so I suspect that would be a nitrogen deficiency. I am planning to give her a boost of N to get some green in her next feeding.

Hey PB, I like your LST style...looks good! What will you be using for nitrogen?

Thorn said:
Lookin good man, that top cola u got looped round in an S shape is lookin like its gonna be gooooood.

How far along are they now and how long do you think they have left?

BluntFullOfKush said:
PB, my lst friend, things are looking good

jash said:
nice lst PB,she looks great!

Hey Thorn, Blunt, and jash! Looking at her this morning, she sure is looking good. I hope the LST works out for her. I'm always trying a new technique so it's just live and learn at this point. So far, all the pistillate bud sites are all at the same height, including the cola. She's just exploding with pistils.

Today she is 38 days old from popping ground, and 18 days since she showed her first little hair.:hubba: I'm going to give her 8-9 weeks depending on how she looks. I have a male that's getting ready to supply some pollen so I can make some seeds on a little bud of hers.

Rdrose said:
What will you be using for nitrogen?

Hey Rd - I just use a basic Peters 20-20-20. One tsp/Gal water first dose. Since all three nutes are at 1:1:1 ratio, I will be holding off on BB and TB, until I see improvement in the color of the leaves. New growth is already showing response to much needed N. Then I'll suspend the Peters and get back to BB and TB.

I've never bloomed right off the bat w/o vegging. I miss my 24/7 light and thick, luscious, green plants before flowering. We'll see how this ends up.
PB:)

Hey eveyone - time for an update on our Afghani in flower.

She has taken well to the 1-1-1 ratio of nutes and has some nice green color. She was not getting the Nitrogen she needed from the FF Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom. I found that any plant, including an immature sapling, has to have Nitrogen early in flower to develop the proper building blocks for flowering. Live and learn, she's turning into a beaut!

I did some more LST tonight, and took before and after pics. You can see that at this point, I'm trying to maintain a strait horizontal line for all buds on the main cola. That new growth on top of the cola is very flexible and pliable, so no harm was done at all during the filming process. (Hehe.) Every single bud is getting blasted by HPS light.

The other two seedings in the grow are doing OK, but held back in growth. I have started 1-1-1 on them, and they are pulling out of their slump slowly but surely. Heat, and lack of N was the culprit. I'l post pics of them soon.

We are at 41 days old, 21 days since first pistil. I know it seems like a lot of pics for one plant, but different angle shots may answer a question or two on LST you may want to try. Thanks for popping in. Last pic is latest LST.

100_1006.jpg

100_1008.jpg

100_1009.jpg

100_1012.jpg

100_1013.jpg

100_1014.jpg

100_1016.jpg

Waz up PB, Looking great bro:aok:Your right she has a nice colour:)
Dro:cool2:

Hi PB, she's looking better already!!! Thanks for posting the pics, it is very helpful to see all of the angles. Love all those buds coming out on her!

LOL hey PB, Me, You and 85Cannabliss are gonna harvest around the sametime. So when is you estemated harvest date?? Mine on the 27th of Dec

BluntFullOfKush said:
LOL hey PB, Me, You and 85Cannabliss are gonna harvest around the sametime. So when is you estemated harvest date?? Mine on the 27th of Dec

That's great. I'm looking at sometime between Dec 28 to Jan 4.

last day of week 8 is on 19th DEC, so im hoping to be smoking my first spliff on Xmas day. your GHANI#3 looks good PB, ive tied my #1 the exact same way, and she seems to be loving it. looks like your lower buds will get the light they need to fatten up a little :D

keep it up bro 85C

lookin good , i like how the Lst is comein along on thoes ladies hope all remaines well for u and ur women ,,good luck

heh, i like the way that plant looks, i think i may actually tie the rest of mine over. good lookin out.

Dc

Hey everyone. Wanted to post a few shots. The nitrogen has really done a trick on this baby. I will start reducing the dose of N and slowly work into her flowering nute routine. She's growing nice, and puttin on some buds as you can see in pic #3.

Major lesson learned - When starting seeds 12/12, do not deny your plants the N they need early on. Flowering only nutes from the start does not make for a healthy plant.

100_1022.jpg

100_1024.jpg

100_1023.jpg

Lookin wonderful PB. That lst job sure did the trick eh? Cant wait to seeher when her bossoms get all fat andripe, mighty tasty looking.

Nice PB you can really see the difrence man!
How long are you goin to flower her for?
Don't know much about LST but obviously I know you did it, how much extra colas did you get when LSTed.
Thanks,Dro:cool2:

mastersativa said:
Lookin wonderful PB. That lst job sure did the trick eh? Cant wait to seeher when her bossoms get all fat andripe, mighty tasty looking.

Hey ms, thanks. This LST is working out well. All the buds are getting a lot of light. At this point, there aren't any "lower" buds. She's just starting to get some frosty trichs her.

Dr.Dro said:
How long are you goin to flower her for?
Don't know much about LST but obviously I know you did it, how much extra colas did you get when LSTed.

Harvest will be right around the first of the year.

I LST because of my limited height, and like the challenge of shaping them as they grow. By LSTing, I can make the most use of surface area to direct the strongest light to all points of the plant. We'll see how long this goes as I don't know how long it will continue to grow.

Latest posts

Back