air line in soil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marihuanaträumt

Marijuana Dreams
Reaction score
A friend of mine is running a air line in his soil grow for the first time. He ran it to the bottom of his buckets. Anyone ever try this? Does it work well?

Can't imagine it doing anything but wasting power personally, but will be interested to see a side by side comparision of clones one with the contraption and one without.

Actually, I was thinking of trying the same thing. I was planning on putting in an air stone, topping with perlite, then with soil.

Has anyone experimented with anything like this?

i suspect that the first time you water your airstone would be full of dirt

brushybill said:
i suspect that the first time you water your airstone would be full of dirt

that may be true, but it still works- I've tested it!

Just don't know if any additional oxygen gets to the roots.

ArtVandolay said:
I think nvthis is experimenting with it also.

Hey Art! Thanks, I'll check with him.

:yeahthat: and you will have the faster growth rate you are trying to achieve.

MindzEye said:
If your running an air line to a bucket why dont you just get rid of the soil and fill it with nutrient solution to ph of 5.8? then you have a DWC and none of that dirty, pesky soil to clog things up...
Nasty ole' dirt!

Hy-dro, Hy-dro, Hy-dro.......... heheheehe:D

The problem with DWC is you need all those fancy nutrients.

leafminer said:
I'm not sure what you consider "fancy", but my GH nutes cost me $50 for 24 ounces of cured weed.

That's pretty cheap. It takes me 10 minutes per/day to mix and add the nutes to my reservoir.

Of course, I don't use DWC. I'm strictly an Ebb and Flow guy.

:confused2: Does soil grower not need nutrients?

Great points Mindzeye, PCDuck, and StoneyBud!

Maybe someday (speaking for myself) I'll grow up and try this here new fangled technique y'all use.

leafminer said:

LOL--My ex was a soil grower and he spent far more on soil, vermiculite, perlite, peat moss, etc that I ever do on nutes, plus he till needed nutes :D

The Hemp Goddess said:
LOL--My ex was a soil grower and he spent far more on soil, vermiculite, perlite, peat moss, etc that I ever do on nutes, plus he till needed nutes :D

Hey THG-

Is that why he's your ex? :p

Most of you guys forget that there are those of us who don't have access to grow shops and such like. And if I were to order a 10 oz bottle of nutrients it would cost me about $40 to import it, plus I would probably have to explain in detail what it was, and so on. I have access to the things Home Depot sells and that's it.
At least with soil you get the micro nutrients built in. And coco coir works well too. But I would never try hydro without having access to the proper items.

leafminer said:
Most of you guys forget that there are those of us who don't have access to grow shops and such like. And if I were to order a 10 oz bottle of nutrients it would cost me about $40 to import it, plus I would probably have to explain in detail what it was, and so on. I have access to the things Home Depot sells and that's it.
At least with soil you get the micro nutrients built in. And coco coir works well too. But I would never try hydro without having access to the proper items.

That does not make it fancy or hard to do. That just shows that shipping is expensive where you live.:D

pcduck said:
:confused2: Does soil grower not need nutrients?

Yup! Ima soil grower. Ok, so before I get distracted I will put down my feeding schedule and approx. cost. Ok, here goes...........

Week 1 of flower: 3 TBSP molasses per gal

Week 4 or 5 of flower: (or both) 3 TBSP molasses per gal

Tap water

Average cost: Ummm. Yeah, I dunno. Let's say .30 cents? Free if I go next door and raid the kitchen cabinet:cool:

That's it!:D .30 cents for whatever ounces of bud? I could do worse!

I too have been curious how to incorporate an airline into my system. I think I have an idea. A simple pvc pipe pushed down through the middle of the pot with holes drilled into it. There would need to be some kind of material that would let air out, but keep soil from coming in;) This might could also double as an effective water delivery device? I dunno. Maybe I am just blowing out of my butt!:rolleyes: What do you guys think?

Latest posts

Back