air root pruning?please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.determined

herb nerd
Reaction score
ok i originally posted a thread on asking about a basket(one like you would use at a grocery store) i lined it with window screen.i wanted to transplant into this.reason being i figured better aeration to the roots also i have the 1st time growers bad habit of over watering and have a fungus gnat problem and wanted better drainage.through that post some said there was a thread on air root pruning and got me pointed in the right direction( thanks hick).i did as much research as i could on this and cant find much other than nursery's use them and there good for nute. efficiency because it kills the roots that get close to the air and creates new branched root growth .it also says it makes it so you dont get root spin out.this is my basic understanding.

now my main question is ,has anyone used the style grow ,what are its pros and cons? Also any grow tips dos and donts with this style pot.thank you

p6290023.jpg

also i have the 1st time growers bad habit of over watering and have a fungus gnat problem and wanted better drainage
or you could just not overwater and thus would really control the gnat prob imo. and if you dont have that knack for listenin to ya plants an wait for them to tell you when they thirsty then may i suggest goin to just about any local gardening center and pik up one them moisture testers. that has the probes you stab into the soil. i use it but mostly i just wait for them to tel me wat they need now . as i i the beginin also done the overwatering the over feeding etc...
but you learn quik and it really isnt that hard. just i think that most hold this growin mj thing in the air like its some sorta sophisticated procedure when really its simple man.
have you ever grown vegies in a garden? well look at em like taht. try not to stress so much over the fact tat they your only hope to ever get hi and relax an jus go wit the flow. its all bout trial an error. plus people can tell you how to do everythin under the sun man . but stil dependin on where you are ya climate ya grow room environment etc.... some if not all advice may not work for you.
but the whole air pruning bit, i honestly cant help you much there, sorry.
but trust me man its not all as hard as you may think it looks.
good luck bro.
peace.

Wish i could help ya...know nothing on the subject...but heres a bump...:bump:

i use the 1 gal, 2 gal, and 3 gal air pots. I've used them for over a year. I use a version of subcool's super soil. it's a mix of soil, coco, bat guano, worm castings, and other ammendments. if you try to water too quickly, it will leak out the sides. if there is too much surface tension in the soil, water will not penetrate very well and leaks out the top. i'm not sure what else you want to know. just ask, i'll help anyway i can.:cool:

You got the right guy on the job--I talked to Umbra about these pots before, and I'm gonna try a couple next grow. The concept is intriguing. Luck and keep us posted how it goes.

Latest posts

Back