Airstone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Shmoe345

should I glue the airstones to the bottom of my buckets?

Yes, well I do anyways. I use a hot glue gun, keeps things nice and tidy...take care..

When I first made my dwc I glued them to the bottom, but was easier not to glue them. Made changing buckets out easier without glue also when an air stone goofs up you can remove and replace easier. When I change out buckets now I remove lid, plant and air stone and just plop it in a new bucket.

I found one at Wal mart that is heavy & stays on the bottom. You can also get the ones that have suction cups.

I dont even change my buckets, got the lids on nice and tight and have a hole for net pot(slightly off center) and another hole that i cover with a toilet flapper. When i chage my buckets i use a shop vac with an attatchment that has a smaller hole than the hose(so i dont suck up the roots). It works quite well.and i dont glue my airstones(thats what this thread was about, right?)

I'm with PC on this, I use 6" round airstones that sit right on the bottom. I would imagine roots would entagle a stationary stone easier that one that moves around. Either way you should be fine. If you are running multiple buckets, perhaps you should have one loose and one glued and see for yourself which is more hassle free. Good luck.

i use bubble tubing 1mtr lengths in tubs three plants in each with a 500ltr per hour pump and my babies are loving it 5 inches of hrowth in 2.5 days

I have never glued mine because I like to clean them real good, when I clean my buckets. ;) Have yet to have the roots mess them up because they wernt glued down.

Latest posts

Back