Algae or mold

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcarlin_818

Farmer Gill
Reaction score
I have some og growing in rockwool and i just noticed today that there is alot of green forming on the top of the medium....:confused: now shouild I worry or just let it grow i can take pics but i dont know how to upload please help....

sounds like algae...Cover up the medium so that no light hits it and the algae will be unable to grow and will die. Algae is a plant and needs light to grow.
You could also use h202 if you are not using beneficials, the h202 will remove the algae quick.

I'd say just cover it up with something you cant see through, or that your lights can't penetrate. Then you don't have to worry about buying anything new.

thanks for the advice. im using a drip system so should I just cover up the cube with hydroton????I am going to get h2o2 for sure tommorow... also I noticed that on one of my plants the root was growing through the top of the medium...what should I do about that ?????

Latest posts

Back