Algae problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grotime

Reaction score
I started clones 2 weeks ago. A couple days ago, the
rockwool started to get covered with algae. Now, it
is covered. What is the best way to get rid of the algae
before putting the cubes into my hydro system?
I have used h2o2 for algae in the past, but I am worried
that the clones are too sensitive for h2o2.
If h2o2 is the way to go, what % of solution, and how
to apply it.
Thanks,

you need to wash it off real good then when ypou put it back put black caps round the tops to stop any light getting to it ,,,algae needs light to survive ,,,,a little wont hurt the plants ,,,but a lot will :peace:

UKgirl420 said:
you need to wash it off real good then when ypou put it back put black caps round the tops to stop any light getting to it ,,,algae needs light to survive ,,,,a little wont hurt the plants ,,,but a lot will :peace:

I learned that the hard way..Had my plants in a clear container one time.:eek:

UKgirl420 said:

:yeahthat:

when i first started i had the same issue and the same question, i ended up using a fungicide (from lowes) and that solved the problem. but eventually i realized that the growth was no big deal and aslong as a thick gooey coating doesn't form....and for this to happen the top of the rockwool would have to be exposed for a month (imo).

Keep an eye on your PH as well. The higher the PH the more likely algae will appear.

Latest posts

Back