ALL GROWERS>>>>CAL MAG useage ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

meds4me

Who all here uses this product and at what points in youre grow...? ? ?

The number one reason I'm asking is because I've only gotten really dense nugs outdoors. Wondering if this is part of my probelm.... Thanks in advance.~"

HUH, 'cause my outdoor temps are always 90* plus and I get them wit no problems. Indoors I'm really good bout keeping the temps in the 60's for flowering......but always fluffy buds DANK but fluffy. Never really seen a nute def either ! good solid green till last of the flowering.....Thought then anyone ....Where's my NouvelleChef ?

Most strains I have grown seem to show some sort of cal/mag issues....I like to use CalMag+ throughout flowering...

Typically week 2-4 flower is when they start pigging out. As far as density. That is many many aspects. Strain, lumens sq ft, no stress, dialed enviroment, etc. Generally strain. Right now I have a full room of pineapple chunk, same everything from grow to grow. When you compare PC to WW or AK47, its ALOT less dense than either of the other strains. Which obv leads to final yield. Hope that helps. GL

This answers lots of my questions as well. Thanks.

ya was wondering about this cal/mag thing myself. i've never used it nor have i ever noticed a cal/mag diff. i might pick some up and give it a shot. do you just mix it with your bloom nutes or feed seperately?

slowmo77 said:
ya was wondering about this cal/mag thing myself. i've never used it nor have i ever noticed a cal/mag diff. i might pick some up and give it a shot. do you just mix it with your bloom nutes or feed seperately?

I don't mix it with my nute feeds....I only add it to the water...usually 5-10 ml a gallon.

Sounds like more of a lighting issue than a lack of calcium or magniesium to me. High temps also cause your issue but that sounds like it's not the problem here.

Summer time indoors I have a a/c that handles the heat issues, winter not even an issue.
Strains : Snowcap , Sour grapes and Lemon haze bx1. Of the 3 i would expect the haze to be more fluffy but the sourgrape and snowcap are indi dom.....

Lighting; I think I'm gonna have to up my lighting then. I would have that with 2 - 600's and 400 mh in a 3x3 area.....hmmm ( Anyone ?)

Lost me. You have a 3*3 area I get. What is your current lighting?

twin 600 hps with 400 mh all vert.
I was looking for the sticky to convert lumens to sq ft. ???

Got a built in one on this IPad app I am running. You only need 460 watts total for a 3*3. Area though. Lumen will depend on the bulbs you are running but sounds like you are way over lit if there is such a thing. Not familiar with any of the strains you have going though. Extremely surprised you don't have heat issues with that much light in such a small area.

you have more than enough lighting in there for a 3x3 area, i would take some other considerations, not sure what, im interested to hear though. I agree im surprised you dont have heating issues with that much in your grow area, so much props if your keeping that dialed in.

Thanks guys / gals...... I'm open to comments / suggestions.
MY take on this is to provide more light than necessary. With one constant fan moving plants around and my exhaust on a temp switch it never gets above 70*f EVER ! I cycle the air 5 x an hour zero smells outside but fruity inside....lol

Nouvelle ? Hammy ? anyone ??

600 hps @ 90,000 lumens output each, 400 mh @ 60,00 lumens ?
3x3 area stadium style with 9 buckets

Cal mag is always an issue for people who use ro. I use tap water and I've never had an issue.

Hows your humidity been?

As far as Cal-mag, I don't use it in any spot other then the one that runs R/O water. Adding Cal-Mag to R/O water is a must. I personally use 10ml/gal thoughout the entire grow with R/O water.

In any other spot using regualr water, the I have found that adding just Epsom salt works for mg issues and bulkining. Alot of supplements are just that, mg.

you guys have answered my question about cal/mag. i use tap water so im not gonna worry about it unless i see an issue.

meds4me said:
Thanks guys / gals...... I'm open to comments / suggestions.
MY take on this is to provide more light than necessary. With one constant fan moving plants around and my exhaust on a temp switch it never gets above 70*f EVER ! I cycle the air 5 x an hour zero smells outside but fruity inside....lol

Nouvelle ? Hammy ? anyone ??

600 hps @ 90,000 lumens output each, 400 mh @ 60,00 lumens ?
3x3 area stadium style with 9 buckets

You mean 5 times a minute, right? You have mega wattage in there. One 600 should rock that area. Not sure what to add to it. Sounds like you have things dialed. Probably just the strain. Healthy full cycle? No stress or light leaks?

I get very thick colas/final nugs. I am shy of 5k a sq ft in lumens.

C'mon now, is there such a thing??? I mean as long as temps are good too much light is no problem. My buddy has a 6 x 15 foot shed with 8K watts....500,000 lumens read out on the floor! haha

But I use Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus every time I feed. I water and feed on alternating schedules.

nouvellechef said:
You mean 5 times a minute, right? You have mega wattage in there. One 600 should rock that area. Not sure what to add to it. Sounds like you have things dialed. Probably just the strain. Healthy full cycle? No stress or light leaks?

I get very thick colas/final nugs. I am shy of 5k a sq ft in lumens.

correct....douh ! No light leaks etc. I have only run this strain twice now and both times yields were down to other similiar indica dom's. Healthy all the way through , stress ? Hmmmm

I will say that on both indi strains i make em straight bushes 8 to 10 branches for 1 elbow yields (dry). I see the same strain around and yields are almost double and DENSE BUDS ! which is why all the questions.
They use r/o and cal mag in hydro (water farm style).......I know I know...I shouldnt compare but I'm competitive too !:hubba:

As a side note I was asked to contribute to the state dispensaries :D:D my bubble and waxx are getting a following it seems !

Thanks again to MAR P ! for getting us back up and running....I was lost without you guys and gals !! ~"

Latest posts

Back