almost done

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grass hopper

Reaction score
1st id/ tent grow, 2 weeks from pickn. lots of buds have weird tops. i have not seen before od. see last pic.:)

008a.JPG

019a.JPG

030a.JPG

033a.JPG

Awesome job mate.
Those look superb. If I am correct I think your referring to the "fox tails" lil buds growing off bigger buds.
LH.

Yep, they're foxtailin'. Happens often at the end of the cycle. They look great. Super fat buds. Nice work.

Your plants look so good, I wondered if your post wasn't sarcastic. Fox tails are fine, not all strains do it, but I see it most years outdoor on one plant or another. IME it happens more to sativa dominant plants, but that may be coincidence.

mistisrising said:
Your plants look so good, I wondered if your post wasn't sarcastic. Fox tails are fine, not all strains do it, but I see it most years outdoor on one plant or another. IME it happens more to sativa dominant plants, but that may be coincidence.

no sarcasm here. not sure where you mean bud. been growing ods. last 4 years. plants always are 7-9 foot indicas, even w/ pinching and topping. get in too early and already are 5 weeks old +/-. point is, my plants may have been too tall to see foxtailing. although i shoulda noticed while trimming, would think. never seen or heard of foxtailing, till now. THANKS ALL!!:) :)

been 7 weeks ago when flipped to 12/12. any other changes to buds from this point on?? other than amber trics? always had to pick by this point, because of our rainy season. never had time to allow a single plant to become amber. still, really good smoke..

noticed today, the foxtails are getting longer and more numerous.? still feeding w/ canna boost. think it's helping. can't wait to cut...:)

They will swell as along with the rest.
Bpotm I'm do believe is (bud picture of the month.)
Unless its short for something else. I'm not aware of. Lol.

If love to grow 7-9 footers. Tis a dream.
LH

Good job :) the girls look really nice. I am not sure what causes foxtailing but in my experience it seems to be related to the buds being too warm from being up close to the lights as that is where mine always show up. It is probably also dependant on the strain as well. The only other thing you may see from this point is the white pistols(in the buds) turning reddish, yellowish, brownish, or some other color as they die off toward the end of their cycle. You may also begin to see some to many of the fan leaves begin to yellow off as the plants reach the end of their cycle, but nothing unusual, and you may not see many of these changes before harvesting, depending on the plants' phenotypes :) congratulations on a nice grow, now you will have to change your name from Newbietoo to Newbie2.1 :hubba:

wow those are some winner pics of your fabulous budz there budday gfg gj

LEFTHAND said:
They will swell as along with the rest.
Bpotm I'm do believe is (bud picture of the month.)
Unless its short for something else. I'm not aware of. Lol.

If love to grow 7-9 footers. Tis a dream.

7-9 footers are so easy to grow, even indicas. thats all i ever grew till this year.

THE SECRET, get your girls in by may 1st. your gals should already be 4-6 weeks old by then. plant directly in the ground w/ good loam and good potting soil, 50/50 mix. add other goodies though not req'd. make sure you get all day DIRECT SUNLIGHT!! feed once a week or so w/ nit.. watering rings really help, but not req'd. pinch or fim every 3 weeks or so but not req'd. THATS IT!! i topped 3 times last year and still wound up w/ 7-8 footers. the last 4 years have been very similar. it's so easy and so little experence is req'd. good luck!!!:) :) measure your vertical growth every week to see what you avg. i avg. 1 1/2 inches per day of vertical growth through the months of may, june and july. 90 days +/-.. 90 times 1.5= 135 inches of vert growth. plus 12 in. high+/- when put in ground. =147 inches= 12 foot 3 inches. WOW. you will need to top more than once!! you will get more growth in aug. so easy..

Hushpuppy said:
Good job :) the girls look really nice. I am not sure what causes foxtailing but in my experience it seems to be related to the buds being too warm from being up close to the lights as that is where mine always show up. It is probably also dependant on the strain as well. The only other thing you may see from this point is the white pistols(in the buds) turning reddish, yellowish, brownish, or some other color as they die off toward the end of their cycle. You may also begin to see some to many of the fan leaves begin to yellow off as the plants reach the end of their cycle, but nothing unusual, and you may not see many of these changes before harvesting, depending on the plants' phenotypes :) congratulations on a nice grow, now you will have to change your name from Newbietoo to Newbie2.1 :hubba:

HA!! thanks so much, yea i really should change my name. can you do that and still have orig. join date??:)

THANKS N.E. GUY!:)

THANKS HIGH BRIX!:)

i will take some more pics. would love to try bpom thing. noticed today more buds are falling over, good thing. foxtails are getting longer and other buds are growing little buds on top of bigger buds. not so pretty, but exciting. i REALLY like that cannaboost stuff. every time i feed w/ it, changes occur, buds fall over, bigger in dia.and longer, appear rock hard, etc. love it!

I have foxtailing inside with high temps. I call them rosettes.. Not all varieties get them...Enjoy.

Rosebud said:
I have foxtailing inside with high temps. I call them rosettes.. Not all varieties get them...Enjoy.

my high during heatwave was 85-86. cooler now. high is 80. ALL buds seem to be trying to pushout from the inside. the result is now bigger buds are either foxtailing or growing new buds on top of existing. foxtailing is about 25-40%. the rest are little buds on top of bigger buds. i think it's a good thing and a result of cannaboost, though heat may have been a factor also. new at id stuff

Rosebud said:

forgot, YES i do believe genetics are part of it.:)

Latest posts

Back