Almost Time - Closet Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(2) 3 light fixtures gonna run ya about 10-15 bucks a peice.
(2) rubbermaids about 20 bucks. (if i remember correctly)
6 CFLs gonna run about 20 bucks
few CPU fans gonna be about 10-15 at radio shack
2 adapters about 10 bucks
Dirt and nutes depends on what you get
Carbon filter you won't need till flower so you should be ok in veg without one.

What I would do is build 1 for right now get things worked out on the first one. then build the second. You could do one for under 100 bucks.
To save even more money don't get CFLs go to Home Depot and pick up a 50W HPS for 30 bucks.....my veg box is a rubbermaid with flos and during the day the lid is off. I use flos for veg and cuttings, but might swap it out for a MH becuase of the heat....those CFLs do get hot. My two bits.

Mutt said:
(2) 3 light fixtures gonna run ya about 10-15 bucks a peice.
(2) rubbermaids about 20 bucks. (if i remember correctly)
6 CFLs gonna run about 20 bucks
few CPU fans gonna be about 10-15 at radio shack
2 adapters about 10 bucks
Dirt and nutes depends on what you get
Carbon filter you won't need till flower so you should be ok in veg without one.

What I would do is build 1 for right now get things worked out on the first one. then build the second. You could do one for under 100 bucks.
To save even more money don't get CFLs go to Home Depot and pick up a 50W HPS for 30 bucks.....my veg box is a rubbermaid with flos and during the day the lid is off. I use flos for veg and cuttings, but might swap it out for a MH becuase of the heat....those CFLs do get hot. My two bits.

Thank you for the post!

So you have one rubbermaid for veg and then another one for flowering?

ClosetGrow420 said:
Thank you for the post!

So you have one rubbermaid for veg and then another one for flowering?
I got rubbermaid for veg. And a 12"dx24"wX32" tall cab with (1) 70W and (1) 50W HPS for flower hanging vert. I can get the 70W and 50W under 3 inches from the plants.

Nice well, ima go with the 2x rubbermaid idea for the full veg - flower same with the 6x CFL's

if you dont understand what i mean about the 2x rubber maid...here are some pictures from another site.

100_0424.jpg

100_0429.jpg

Normally I wouldn't advise growing under your parents roof, just out of respect. But ...

That growbox seems to look ok to me, I've grown in much smaller areas. You can definately expect at least an oz or two from two plants growing in it as long as the conditions are right. The only thing I can tell ya is to change the way those lights are set up. Either keep a straight tight line of 5 42w or higher cfl's down the center of the box or get two tight lines of low watt cfl's. The more light you can squeeze in there, the better your plants will grow. You will also want to use a flat white paint or mylar for the inside. I'd personally just stick with the cfl's for your entire grow. They do make seperate cfl's to be used for flowering. If you do choose to get both types of cfl's, alternate them. You should be able to construct this growbox with no more than fifty bucks, IMO. If you'd like any help just send me a line and i'll be glad to help you with the details of your grow box.

I only plan on growing 1-2 then just LST'n them...

I will let you guys know by the end of this week for my final answer :D

That box looks like it would cause alot of stretching unless you had the bottom container filled with something so you could get your seedlings real close to the CFL's which are IMO.. too far away.. the double maiden is not a good concept in my book.

to be honest, i might only be going with the one grow box...cause i will be LST'n them like crazy...do those bush plants get much bigger than say...a foot? at harvest time i mean

also, if worse comes to worse...ill go out and buy another light fixture, wont need anymore lights because they come in a 6 pack, and just another tub.

thats only like 20 bucks more...its just im going ultra stealth here, hehehe

do you parents know? cuss they will by flowwering time

No you can't. Carbon filters that are bought are pretty damn expensive. GL Save more loot.

Here is an outline...I want to either use my 80mm computer fan or buy a cheapo fan for the inside just to focus on the stems and stuff.

Design One.jpg

ClosetGrow420 said:
Okay well...I am so confused about this...just cant make up my damn mind, lol.

I just dont want to spend to much money on this.

2x 22 gallon rubber maidens Don't need to over kill this, 20 Qt bucket would do.. Walmart special..
6x CFLS I used 42 watts 4 of them
2x 3 socket light fixtures buy some why's
Nutes That depends.. MG food Naw, use something else
Fans Don't have to be Big
Wires Drop lites
Tools
carbon filter Don't know the price but homedepot maybe

can i do this for like 100 dollars?

Yea u can just go to homedepot and there u can get it all !!
U know don't forget to use power surge protector and buy a heavey duty timer..
That I put in purple is what I used through my grow and cfl's are just fine too I had bought a 400 HPS and I do see a diffenet in growth from cfl's..

U said something about u live with ur folks cost elct will go up some about 10 bucks more a month..
just my 2 cents

OPs I didn't see the 2 page !! before I posted..
had my 2 month old grandaughter n my lap LOL must go back and read the 2 page LOL

Flyinghigh said:
Yea u can just go to homedepot and there u can get it all !!
U know don't forget to use power surge protector and buy a heavey duty timer..
That I put in purple is what I used through my grow and cfl's are just fine too I had bought a 400 HPS and I do see a diffenet in growth from cfl's..

U said something about u live with ur folks cost elct will go up some about 10 bucks more a month..
just my 2 cents

10 bucks aint bad at all...ill just make sure to not leave my tv/computer on and other tiny stuff like that, ha. Thanks for the input!

What are whys?

do you mean a bucket like this? http://www.foryourllamas.com/images/Bucket.jpg

ClosetGrow420 said:
10 bucks aint bad at all...ill just make sure to not leave my tv/computer on and other tiny stuff like that, ha. Thanks for the input!

What are whys?

do you mean a bucket like this? http://www.foryourllamas.com/images/Bucket.jpg

Welcome ClosetGrow..

U can leave ur computer on and still watch tv !!:)
I got a 400 watt Hps hooked up on 18 amp extention cord and a fan running and the bathroom and bedroom has a oil fill heater that runs to warm up the room when shower time we eevn watch tv too and have a dirctv too and lamps on at night and I am not feeling any warmth in the wiring anywhere and all hook up is on a Surge Protector doen't matter what it is it hook up to it.!!!!!

Yea that Bucket will work !! I am using 5 gal buckets that r white and painted Silver to keep the Light out and I have bought at walmart 20 qt buckets that r also painted Silver...

Y's r 2 bulbs in 1 socket homedopte

Also u might want to keep a eye on the bill too each month..
I don't know about this when flowering but I got a grow in the bedroom and for the smell I use one of those batt misters and that has help to cover up the smell and also have one out side of the door sprying into the living room, Also there Is a smell in Veggie Stage not to bad but it can be noticeable..

ClosetGrow420 said:
How will they know?

As for the carbon filter, you can make one for like 20-30 bucks thats just as effective,
you will still smell weed, i can promise you that, opening to water, its not air tight and you will need fresh oxygen if you have it air tight. I dont know, i open my house door and can smell my 2 plants in the backroom attic. Idk about a home made carbon filter cus my buddy has a grow tent with a real one and i still smell it when i walk in his room. just head up to what your getting into smell wise later on.

Latest posts

Back