alternating nodes question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The New Girl

Reaction score
Hi Guys, i was wondering why my plants never got alternating nodes, anybody know why this might happen? plenty of nutes ect, Advance Nutients - organic. I did use some VHO (Very High Output) which is suppose to speed up veg time and give more bud sites. I'm 5 1/2 weeks into flower now. Thanx

Did you start from cuttings or seed? Also, how tall are your plants?

I started my last grow from seed and they only got to 2.5-3 ft. tall from lack of enough light. One plant had 4-5 nodes, the other about 8-9, but there were no alternating nodes to be found on either.

I very rarely get alt nodes unless I go big outdoor nothing to stress over in my opinion you shoukld have alt nodes on your branching though right

I Always Have Alternating Nodes. That's When I Know She Is Ready To Flower. Do U Have Any Picks Of Her?

Crazy Horse said:
I Always Have Alternating Nodes. That's When I Know She Is Ready To Flower. Do U Have Any Picks Of Her?
Do you get alternating nodes on plants started from both seed and cuttings?

Both. I "usually" wait till my plant shows alt nodes before I clone, so there fore my cuttings have alt nodes. My plants have been pretty consistent with alt nodes, usually around weeks 4 and 5. I'm sure it varies with every strain though, but that is how it's been with me so far.

Alternating nodes occur between 4 and 6 weeks from what I understand and have seen myself. I rarely veg my indoor ladies for that long but my outdoor ladies start at around those above times. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back