*** am I doing wrong? Please look & help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megan23247

Sexy Female Grower
Reaction score
Ok ive been growing these babies for about 5 weeks now and transplanted about a week ago. When I first put them in the pots everything seemed to be going ok,, BUT now my plants arent looking so good. They are starting to "taco" up on the top leaves which JUST started yesrterday but only on about 3 of them, on a couple of them the tips on the end of the finger leaves are turning yellow, a couple of them are experiencing stunted growth, and so on... Ive attached some pictures that will hopefully help.

Im using a 430 watt High Pressure Sodium Blub that I have hanging about 18 inches away and I keep it on 24/7. I have a small fan for circulation and the temp and humidity are def not a factor. I added their first nutes about 5 days ago when they looked somewhat dried out and needing their first good watering in their new homes. I used Petes 24-8-16 and just checked their PH level yesterday and it was 6.5. I planted them each in 3 quarts Scotts top soil mixed with 1 quart peat moss and have them in what I think are like 2 or 3 gallon pots, not quite sure exactly and if I could do it over I would have used a much bigger pot with more soil in it.

A couple questions I have are:

1. How often and how much do I water them and is the water supposed to saturate the bottem of the pot where I have the "drip pan?"

2. Is it possible that I could have mixed too much peatmoss in with the soil and they arent draining properly? I dont detect any odor coming from the plants or room which may indicate Damping so I dont think this is the prob but not sure. Two of the pots I got from Target (the brown pots) and they seems to always be heavier than the others and stay wet longer it seems which makes me think they arent draining good, BUT then again it could be whatI do what which is soak up all the water, right?

3. Do I have the lights too close?

4. Dont see ANY bugs but is this possible?

5. If they do end up getting healthier, how long untill I put them on 18 hours of light and then how long untill I do the 12/12 and start to flower?

6. Is it ok for the small fan I am using for circulation to acually be directed right on the plants or can this makes them dry out causing them to do what they are doing?

Thanks in advance for your help! :D

help_us 001.JPG

help_us 002.JPG

help_us 004.JPG

help_us 007.JPG

help_us 008.JPG

help_us 009.JPG

help_us 010.JPG

help_us 011.JPG

help_us 012.JPG

help_us 003.JPG

Hey friend...yes you want the water to run off into your pan..I would say for you to get a moister meter, Then water or feed when it reads dry...You can go to 18/6 any time..I found that for veg 18/6 is optimum..you may be able to get them lights a little closer..do you have a glass reflector..I get mine 12-15 inches away..I think your girls will be fine and you can flower anytime...I would wait 1-2 more weeks let them get stronger and then flip them to flower..hope this helps and good luck my friend

Hmm I noticed that you said there were no bugs. One time I found little weird looking bugs under my fan leavs that were really small and hard to see. They were why my leavs were turning YELLOW and giving it TACO LEAFS (I know it was the bugs because i was not using nutes at the time) Its possible?

Try this on one of the better looking plants. Fill the drip pan with water and let it soak up from the bottom untill the whole pot is soaked. It may take an hour or so and you may have to add water to the drip pan a second time. once the soil gets wet to the top of the dirt if there is any water left standing in the drip pan you can then pour it out of the drip pan. See if the plant starts to look a lot better by the next day. Then you can pick up that pot and judge the others by how heavy it is. This way you can tell if they are to dry.
Im wondering if your not getting enough water to the plants and the ferts you used are burning them. Slim

longtimegrower said:
Try this on one of the better looking plants. Fill the drip pan with water and let it soak up from the bottom untill the whole pot is soaked. It may take an hour or so and you may have to add water to the drip pan a second time. once the soil gets wet to the top of the dirt if there is any water left standing in the drip pan you can then pour it out of the drip pan. See if the plant starts to look a lot better by the next day. Then you can pick up that pot and judge the others by how heavy it is. This way you can tell if they are to dry.
Im wondering if your not getting enough water to the plants and the ferts you used are burning them. Slim

I think im going to try this and see what happens cause I checked for bugs underneath and nothing. I do have a moisture gauge that I use which helps but Im still concernerd they arent getting enough water.

What exactly do you mean when you say they may not be getting enough water and ferts may be burning them?

Thanks for your help and quick response. :D

Hay megan, do you still have problems? If so than try and take some pics so we can see what the prob is.... Good Luck

Timmyjg6 said:
Hay megan, do you still have problems? If so than try and take some pics so we can see what the prob is.... Good Luck

My plants are looking MUCH better in my opinion! Im fixing to go take some pictures and ill post them and you can tell me what you think! Thanks for your concern and help! :D

and the yellowing on the other plants, there just hungry- feed with an organic nutrient in a low 1/4 strength dose to start- then bump it up after that. the plants look great bro- keep um green!

They need NITRO BOOSTER!

Really lovely looking plants though man.

Yep. Some good nutes and watering them real good and your problems should be over with. They are looking pretty good. I would go with what 4u2smoke and wait another week or two and put them in flower. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

Ok here are some updated pics of my babies I just took these pictures tonight. I think they look pretty healthy but would LOVE anyones opinion or advice as it would be very greatly appreciated! Im still gonna hold off on flowering till the end of this month, although I would love to start their 12/12 and sex these babies, I think my patience will pay off in the end. Agreed?

IMG00411.jpg

IMG00413.jpg

IMG00414.jpg

IMG00416.jpg

IMG00433.jpg

IMG00431.jpg

IMG00417.jpg

What exactly is the longest that a plant can be left in veg state will it just keep growing or what? This is prob a dumb question but is it possible for a plant to begin to flower on their own or is it a must to induce 12/12 in order for flowering to begin? :confused:

Plants can be kept in a vegetative state for years. (It's how we keep "Mothers"..Donor plants.)
In general, plants reqire 14 hous of "TOTAL" darkmess, to produce enough 'flourigen' to begin flowering.
There's a sticky in the indoor growing section, that further explains flowering.. ;)

when the lights are off, dont disturb them to take photos or do anything where light could leak into the growroom. any other light source after lights out will stress them and can lead to hermis and delayed growth.

i think they are ready to flower now unless you want them all to outgrow the light in another month. the plants will double and triple their size in flower a month from now might be to late and youll end up with monsters that arnt getting all the intensity they could.

read my strech link im my sig- that will combat the upward growth your having.

Looks good bro... Keep up the good work, and patience is well rewarded...

H-Town Baby! Texas Rep...

Latest posts

Back