Am I the only one who can't get high from EATING dope?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rehab is for Quitters

Reaction score
A few days ago I made some of those oven-baked peanut butter & dope crackers. I used the same amount of mj that I would pack a bowl with, and I didn't get high. I got a sort of hazy feeling that was short-lived but definitely wasn't high. Then I did some research and found some stuff that said heat kills thc, so I made them again but had them raw. SAME THING! Why doesn't it get me high when I eat my stash? What am I doing wrong :confused2:

i dunno, i know me and a couple friends made pot brownies once, we used a quarter i think. we made pot butter, and cooked them for like 6hrs on low low heat to not kill the thc.. and they got us high as

buddy hatchet said:
i dunno, i know me and a couple friends made pot brownies once, we used a quarter i think. we made pot butter, and cooked them for like 6hrs on low low heat to not kill the thc.. and they got us high as H-E-|_-|_-

Snuggles as well...

You need to eat about 3-4 grams, put 1 gram or about a Jays worth onto 1 already peanut buttered cracker.. it has to be a certain peanut butter. and you need about 3-4 crackers to start with, try to do it on a a some what empty stomach as well for faster effect :)

http://crackers.kisps.net/ Scroll down and enjoy the easy recipe, follow it too a tooth, don't be lite with the sensimilla either :)

HippyInEngland said:
Heat is needed to release the thc, what temp did you cook them at first time?

I cooked them at 300F for 20 minutes. The reason I tried them again raw is because Stoney Bud claimed the heat destroys the thc....so I thought that was why it didn't work the first time.

Any ideas??

akirahz said:
You need to eat about 3-4 grams, put 1 gram or about a Jays worth onto 1 already peanut buttered cracker.. it has to be a certain peanut butter. and you need about 3-4 crackers to start with, try to do it on a a some what empty stomach as well for faster effect :)

http://crackers.kisps.net/ Scroll down and enjoy the easy recipe, follow it too a tooth, don't be lite with the sensimilla either :)

Okay...I did not use the organic PB, so maybe that was the problem. I read conflicting stuff about whether organic was necessary in the 'What's Cooking' forum. Stoney bud said you shouldn't use heat and you don't need PB at all, organic or not. He said those were all myths. Hmmmm, maybe he's wrong on all that stuff. I'll get some organic PB, follow the recipe and give it another shot tonight. Thanks for the recipe :)

ChatNoir said:
Ahem, wrong quotation... Snuggles do not get high from eating cookies as well...

I should also add that when we went to Amsterdam we had space cakes which are supposed to get you high as a kite but it had very little effect on me. Maybe me and Snuggles got some bad gene or something....

I'm going to try again and hopefully figure this out.

heat releases it thats why when making good cannabutter you try to simmer it for almoast 24 hours no longer or it will degrade and you need way more than a bowl full to get baked when i make cannabutter i use an oz. of high grade to a pound of butter and the cannabutter is unbelieveably good use it in anything needing butter it gets you so smashed totaly different from smoking you can do the same thing with oils just simmer in a pot with very finely ground pot, your oil, and water simmer no longer than 24h or it will degrade fast i usualy try to go 18-20h then filter it thru cheese cloth put it into a container and freeze it the next day it will have separated and the water will be frozen at the bottom and oil or butter at the top just take a spoon and scoop out the product and wrap it in saran wrap and freeze take out what you need when cooking and keep the rest frozen its powerful you could rub it on your skin and get bombed:hubba:

shouldn't matter what else went in. this is very strange. Try adding about twice as much as you'd smoke to get high and see what happens. Remember it will take about an hour for anything eaten to get into the bloodstream and have any effect. funny I didn't know the opposite of heaven was swearing either. Oh well I guess it depends on its context.

Let us know how you get on. Maybe you just have a really good tolerance somehow - a super effective liver?!

Maybe your metabolism is that of super mans and it just eats and metabolizes all the THC before it can hit yer brain hahaha??? no clue really :p

It is often difficult to guage the correct temp for converting and releasing THC. Plus penut butter can take hours to digest. Also roasting it @ 300deg for 20 minutes will almost certainly vaporize any thc present (thc will vaporize @ 170)

Here are a few tips;

1. keep oven temp @ 220deg NO HIGHER!!
2. cook for 20 minutes minimum.
3. make sure you almost powderize the weed before mixing it with the penut butter. ensure it is mixed well.
4. Make two. One bowls worth per tbsp penut butter should do the trick.
5. do not expect effects in less than one hour. Also if you have a sativa or hybrid, effects could mostly be in your head anyways....
6. It does not matter what kind of butter you use. they mostly have the same amount of fat anyways.
7. Face the reality that edibles for some reason do not work on everyone.

best of luck

Okay all, I have followed the directions to the letter on a completely empty stomach, and I still can't get baked from eating herb. I even used twice as much mj as the recipe called for. *** is wrong with me?? I would really like to get to the bottom of this...so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I really can't figure out why I'm not getting high.

ive made many many different cannabis recipes, none of them had any effect on me while my friends were trippin. i think it might be a personal thing as well as the details of cooking it. i finally gave up and just save my stash for a bowl

I would go with cooking them in butter first, then using the butter to make whatever baked goods you desire. Herbs are either hydrophilliac, or lypophilliac. It sounds complicated but its simple. Hydros dissolve in water, lypos dissolve in fats. MJ is lypophilliac. Tea leaves are hydrophilliac. MJ is best at releasing its THC in fat bases, not in water bases.

akirahz said:
Maybe your metabolism is that of super mans and it just eats and metabolizes all the THC before it can hit yer brain hahaha??? no clue really :p

Okay I'm a little baked (not from anything I ate) so I hope this makes sense....but could metabolism have anything to do with how high you will get when injesting mj? Because I have always had a fast metabolism and I've always been thin. Could this be the problem? Is there a doctor in the house?

Fadeux said:
I would go with cooking them in butter first, then using the butter to make whatever baked goods you desire. Herbs are either hydrophilliac, or lypophilliac. It sounds complicated but its simple. Hydros dissolve in water, lypos dissolve in fats. MJ is lypophilliac. Tea leaves are hydrophilliac. MJ is best at releasing its THC in fat bases, not in water bases.

I haven't tried the butter yet but I'm willing to give it a shot. I really hope I can figure this out because an edible high would be so much more convenient for my lifestyle. No smoke, no paraphenalia, yet high as a kite.....heaven.

Could the type of weed have any impact? I've tried it with white widow and haze (I'm a sativa girl) ....would indica be better?

I think I'll go look for some mj butter recipes in 'What's Cooking'....

First, I'll state the proven facts that have been proven in repeatable laboratory studies.

thc does not have to be heated to affect humans. It's absorbed into the human bloodstream exactly as it exists on the plant.

Any heat over 100F starts irrevocable deterioration to thc. The more heat, the faster it deteriorates.

Lastly, anyone who thinks they don't get high by eating it, simply doesn't realize that they're high.

It's NOT THE SAME TYPE of high. It's a much mellower, longer lasting effect.

A simple reaction study would prove that you are high an hour after eating it. Your own reactions would prove it.

The reason most people don't know that they're high when eating weed is because they are expecting the same high they get when smoking it.

ANYONE who gets high while smoking pot will also have the effects of thc while eating it.

If eating it results in a high you don't recognize or don't like for any reason, then why in the world would you continue to do it?

I don't know where the "has to be heated" crap was thought up, but it's pure unadulterated bull. Pure myth.

Please don't spread the bull. There are enough facts to use.

Anyone who feels that they can show any repeatable scientific facts that support the myth of thc having to be heated to have effect on humans can prove it simply by showing the study that says so.

Pretty funny. This has been covered about 100 times here.

Latest posts

Back