An idea I had that probably won't work!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7thG

Victimless Criminal
Reaction score
I haven't been growing long so I'm constantly coming up with ideas that either wont work or already been thought of. I was wondering after you harvest a plant what if you drill a little hole into the stem sticking out the soil from where you cut and pop a clone into it. Any chance that would work and is it possible to join plants like that?

Read up on Grafting, that what you are trying. 4u2sm0ke had a plant he had grafted 4 different strains too

After you harvest you can also try to reveg the plant. It can take a lot of time and doesn't always work but it can be done.

Cloning is not real hard once you get the hang of it and find out which method works best for you. Building a bubble cloner is probably one of the better ways to go about it, but I have done super low tech and hands off methods like putting the cut in a rapid rooter that has been soaked in water and rung out a bit so it's not dripping wet, and placed in a 2 litter soda bottle that I cut in half. I let it sit for 5 days or so then dip the rapid rooter in water again and then let it sit for another 5. By that time I usually have roots showing. Very low maintenance.

I would go with Hampster thaughts and Reveg the plant..the issue you will have by placeing the clone in the stalk of harvested plant...The harvested plant has to have some buds left on to keep the roots groming..and dont think this way would be considered "Grafting"..I will say that Grafting strains to one host plant is great fr those that want a variaty and are on a plant count...I would suggest you get the regular cloning down befor moving to Grafting...IMO..you need to have the cloning down first in order to understand Grafting better....Hope this helps..

:ciao: ozzy
:48:

Latest posts

Back