Another Leaf question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1ManMafia

I have outdoor plants just about ready to harvest. I was planning on pulling them on Halloween, but the weather took a turn for the best and I might let them go a bit longer I saw good progress yesterday when I checked on the buds.

But on a lot the leaves on my plants the leaf tips are brown (and some yellow) and shrivleing up on a bunch of the leaves. But the rest of the leaf looks healthy and green. Should I rip the tips off and leave the rest of the leaf alone, pull the whole leaf, or just leave it alone all together?

Also will THC content start to decline after they have been flowering for too long?... I'm right around 7 weeks for 3 and probably a little over 5 weeks for my late bloomer.

My understanding is that the plant will absorb all the goodies left in the dying leaf, so clipping it isn't recommended. At this point of your grow, a couple dead leaves won't really affect the end result, you're practically there :aok:

There is an optimal time at which you should harvest, which is determined by magnifying the trichomes to see their color. It's strain dependent, so if you know your strain you could look up it's # of weeks in flowering.

:D

Okay durring veg for outdoors would you recomend to cut the tips off? I heard to get rid of dying leaves because they block healthy leaves.

No just leave the tips and all the rest of the leaf alone. At this stage of the game the leaf is almost done and its expeted the leaves will look raged by this time of the year. Leaves look bad buds look good. Slim THC will decline a little but as late as it is i think your going to end up haversting the plants before you have to worry about that. But if you wan`t to be sure get a cheap microscope and check the trikes.

Latest posts

Back