another multi strain grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah- those buds do look kinda small. But they sure do look tasty! :hubba:

cool grow,its just a shame the ducksfoot cross lost the leaf pheno,but your doing a top job there pal.+rep to you

thanks for the comments;) next grow should be good i got 3 commercial strains im popping just for yield to stockpile some smoke. hope they are decent if anyone has grown them a smoke report would be cool:cool:
NL#5 x Big Bud
Big Bud
Top44
and i also poped some really good strains im not sure what the jimmie is in the mix but the choco is (Chocolate Diesel)
the Direwulfe is (Blue Buddha x SDV3)
Jimmie/Choco x Direwulfe
Jimmie/Choco x Blue Buddha

well i wanted to wait 68 days to harvest but i ended up harvesting the rest yesterday at 61 days.:eek: so the tent is now running the next setup:cool:
here are some pics of the trimmed up buds

HPIM5593.JPG

HPIM5596.JPG

HPIM5598.JPG

HPIM5599.JPG

HPIM5601.JPG

HPIM5602.JPG

HPIM5605.JPG

HPIM5606.JPG

HPIM5607.JPG

HPIM5609.JPG

Hey man nice grow. How much did you yield on this grow. Out of 24 plants. Im thinking of doing a similar grow.

ILoveganja.com said:
Hey man nice grow. How much did you yield on this grow. Out of 24 plants. Im thinking of doing a similar grow.
i think i would have gotten a better yield with less plants vegged longer and transplanted correctly i waited 3 weeks into flower to transplant instead of before flowering. but i got 823grams total wet weight. in a 4x4 area with 24 plants using a 400w HPS. so im guessing i will end up with around 6-7oz. cured maybe more.
but in not happy with the yield ive gotten more than this amount from 2 good size plants but the potency is there so that makes it O.K. its enough to last till my next crop so i cant complain. but my next grow i will have less plants, vegged longer, topped, and transplant correctly.

All in all though- great job.

Looks like you trim the same way I do when you hang (and the same as a lot of other people here)- end up with sticky fingers and sticky scissors. Everything I read says to trim after drying / before curing. Ever try it that way?

BBFan, thats how I usually dry mine. All I do is remove the fan leaves, hang em for a week or so, finish the trim and then jar them. Leaving the leaves on just extends the drying period resulting in a smoother smoke, but I bet with a good slow jar or bag dry you would achieve the same results. Find what works for you and stick with it.

PotHead420 Nice job man, looks like some good smoke.

Tater said:
BBFan, thats how I usually dry mine. All I do is remove the fan leaves, hang em for a week or so, finish the trim and then jar them. Leaving the leaves on just extends the drying period resulting in a smoother smoke, but I bet with a good slow jar or bag dry you would achieve the same results. Find what works for you and stick with it.

PotHead420 Nice job man, looks like some good smoke.

Yeah, but in the books I've read and in the resources here at MP- they all say "Leave the fan leaves to wrap and protect the buds...." or some such thing. Yet every time or almost every time, I see fresh cut buds on here- they're trimmed down to the sugar leaves.
Does anybody just cut off the stem- and hang it up?

Great grow!!! I bet if you bought another 400w light for that amount of space your yield would be much larger next time... Or I would see about getting a 1000w and a cool tube.....

BBFan said:
All in all though- great job.

Looks like you trim the same way I do when you hang (and the same as a lot of other people here)- end up with sticky fingers and sticky scissors. Everything I read says to trim after drying / before curing. Ever try it that way?
i dont like leaving the fans or any other leaves on the bud when i trim. i think it makes the bud look bad and i dont like smoking leaves. i usually trim the plant rite after the chop then hang them till the smaller stems snap them if needed i do a quick trim before i jar it:cool: as for sticky scissors :hubba: i got a nice ball of scissor hash after trimming:D

here are some pics of a friends plants:cool: there about a month into flower. they are all from clones i took from the plants earlier in the thread. he's using the same amount of light 400w HPS but his space is allot smaller. he is getting awesome growth looks better than what i had going. he lolli popped everything except his ducksfoot99 x Clipse and thats stacking very nice colas and has a great fruity/spicy scent. and he has a Dire x Blue Buddha in a water farm thats looking killer. it looks topped but its not its just a bushy strain;)
and the rest are coming along nicely. you can see on the AK x BB under the leaves there turning purp thats how it starts on this strain then the leaves will totally turn purp and then it starts into the calyx:hubba:

HPIM6465.JPG

HPIM6466.JPG

HPIM6467.JPG

HPIM6468.JPG

HPIM6470.JPG

HPIM6471.JPG

HPIM6473.JPG

HPIM6476.JPG

HPIM6482.JPG

HPIM6484.JPG

HPIM6489.JPG

HPIM6488.JPG