another sex question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcshoeco1041

smoking good
Reaction score
hiow many weeks of flowering before ica see male or female? i still cannot tell. wha is the latest you can wait before pullin out male plats sothat theydont pollenate th fems?

If they are fully mature you should be able to tell at 2 weeks at 12/12

If still not sure you can still let them go as it take about a week or so for the male to release pollen. There is a drastic difference between male and female.

so i shud be able to tell around 2 weeks in flower? so if i cant tellafter twoweeks of flower wait 1 more week?

After 2 weeks of 12/12 you should be able to tell quite easily if they are male or female as long as they are mature. Female flowers will begin to form and males will have balls. Once balls appear you have a week before they start dropping pollen.
In some rare instances because of generics it may take longer.

As long as you are checking everyday you shld be able to catch any males in plenty of time....I think I read somewhere that males can release a bit of pollen earlier then their " big" release. Still you can spot a male before it gets anywhere near a pollen release situation.

how long did u veg them before you put them in 12/12? or how old are they from germination?

You can reallY start 12/12 anYtime. take in consideration the amount of space you got. height too. When you start 12/12 the plants Will almost doubled in height they stretch to make room for the buds. Plus I take into consideration the distance that the light has to be from plants. I have an 8 foot ceiling but I lose a foot because of how far the light hangs at its highest. I start 12/12 when my plants are about 2' to 2 1/2' tall. they finish off at about 4' to 4 1/2'feet tall. I have had some stretches to 5 foot.

If they were mature when you flipped and are not showing sex after 2 weeks in 12/12, I would suspect a problem, like a light leak that was slowing flowering.

Latest posts

Back