Any idea what is causing it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HippyInEngland

Smoke Free Zone.
Reaction score
Hi Guys : - )
I have a sick plant, this started 6-8 days ago, i thought it was N deficiency because of yellowing leaf, ive fed her twice with high N and no change, its still migrating up the plant, started with big leaves at the bottom and i can see it venturing up the plant, some leaves whither, turn brown from edges to the central vein then die, its total lack of Chlorophyll, as if its being drained away or no longer being produced, the new growth is lush green, it seems to be effecting the older growth.

Hippy

View attachment leaf.bmp

It could be that you need more light or they are not getting enoph watter maybe a picture would help some people determin ur problem.

Trying again

Leaf jpeg.JPG

I think its a lak of watering but it could also be lighting maybe u should get more powerfull lighting. But im not completly sure hopefully someone else will give you more info that knows more than me.

is it starting to flower , how mature is it, mine done that not too long ago right when it stated flowering, my girl allso wilted to the ground darn near . and limped over like a wet noodle... i flushed mine mine with water a lot of it then waterd her with epsom salt 1 teaspoon per gallon. no more ferts , i thought mine was nitrogen too . still not sure any way used nothing but water after and she perked right back up.. it took two waterings wit the epsom salt . i truely think i had her in { nutriant lockup }.. honestly think it was the miracle grow wich every body here seems to stay away from. and i will from now on ..:watchplant: go to sick plants . look for leaves yellowing badly need help . and in a reply forum . they sent me you may find the help you need hope this helps

mine looked exactly like that,,,go the forum i said it will help it did me..

i cant find the post in sick plants any more not real good negotiating this site yet .... but if you go to search top of page type in .. Geter-D1 .. you will find the post i made ...... sun leaves yellowing badly need help??you will find the information i was talking about..it has great pics of these prolems

is the pot size big enough?happened 2me too-forgot it in 2.5lt pot but when repoted in bigger pot she returned nice and green..

it looks like a diffecency. if its not better from the nitrogen it could be it needs iron and zinc. thats what it looks like or if you have no PK in your ferts you will need to add a little so plant is balanced. also look into getting a ph tester. but if its budding its normal.

Eh it has to be lack of nitrogen. Nothing else i can really think of. By the leaf i can see two things, lack of nitrogen and heat stress. The heat stress is indicated by the browning and curling of the ends of the leaves. The nitrogen is the fading of the green.

lack of zinc will make it look...flouresent. Light green mixed with the dark green and cause the leaves to kinda curl. Not yellow them this much. it's nitrogen and if not well i'll be darn!

Lack of N starts to fade the green from your plants turning them yellow, then they'll fall off. It effects the oldest leaves and works it's way up to the newer leaves. you wanna stop this ASAP.

There are natural methods of adding N to your plant without over nuting it. Take some coffee grounds and spread on the top of the soil and water it. Also cow manure works very great as well. I don't recommend nuting it anymore since you already did. Just seriously look into some natural methods such as the two i listed. They work great for me.

I see no PH problem in that picture....you m ight want to test the water you use but other than that ph shouldn't be a problem. Just know what the ph of the water you use is. My plants are outdoor so ph doesn't come in with me really. take care and good luck bro!

~Burn One~
Dewayne

update, i took several of your comments to account and you all have been thanked for it, Babe9898 you may be correct with the lack of lighting, our summer here in the UK started 3 days ago, it rained every day for almost 70 days non stop!, lack of water is not the problem, nor is over watering, Geter no its nowhere near starting to flower yet, the equinox did come and go but no signs yet, still seems stuck in veg mode, and yes Geter, i looked in the sick plants b4 i opened this thread to pick brain cells : - ), jash, i had <<< operative word, had it in a 6 gallon pot, and presumed it to be big enough, im growing this plant in a greenhouse with other vegetables, while reading comments i lifted it out of the pot and saw the biggest root ball ive seen in my life!, 6 gallon solid as concrete root ball, never seen anything like it in my life before, Moaky ive checked PH of pot soil and water and nutes are regulated well, Dewayne you have a natural instinct it seems, the greenhouse gets very warm, but not intollerable, N seems to be an issue, ok, after all that here is what ive done .... ive taken part of the floor up in the greenhouse and planted it directly in the ground because it obviously needs more room for roots, upon digging 3 feet down ive come to a bed of clay, i went and dug another hole in a different part of my garden and the same is that far down, it looks like my garden is clay bed with normal topsoil above, my question is this......should i dig a crater the depth of everest and compost it, or will the plant be ok? i know a drainage issue will be present but i can handle that with less watering, i need a smoke because all this thinking is turning me intelligent with all this knowledge passed to me and the gov in high places wouldnt want that would he LMAO

Hippy

with a hole that big , you will be way ok , the clay should not be a real big issue at all, just watch the watering , some plants , do extremely well in that type of soil , when you get her in her new home water her good so she wont stress too bad and give her some light nutes il bet shell take off .. the pot you had her in too was awful small , i use 15 gallon pots , very nice plant , hippie shes allso pretty darn mature , that does happen some times in plants that big, in pots too small , you have most like just solved your problem , ill bet she starts flowering in the 2 weeks.

yup from the sounds of it all, id say from the hole root situation ur plant milked the soil for anything and everything, that transplant is probly the best thing u could've done. give it a few days after transplant and start doing ur checks on ph again, the new soil should add a few natural nutes, probly just what ur girl needs. might not be a bad idea to work a lil organic soil into the top soil either, i did that with a few of mine before seems to work every time when their lacking nutes.

Latest posts

Back