Any suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airbone

Reaction score
Hello
So my greenhouse hydro set up is a bust.
Not enough root room in my plant tubes so I am trying to transplant to soil to save them.
I did two this morning and they don’t look so good right now.
Any suggestions on how to transplant or when and maybe something to help not stress these plants out too much?
I also have some great white Mycorrhiza
I heard might help?
As always I appreciate your help!
0282F380-4D25-41ED-9504-69FC1D433BB7.jpeg
0B99F2E5-F730-4523-9DDF-AC1DBEC43772.jpeg
image.jpg

I don't think that is your problem but they should be in at least a five gal pot for a plant that size. Trans plant shock?

I don't think that is your problem but they should be in at least a five gal pot for a plant that size. Trans plant shock?
It’s transplant shock for sure.
I have one in a 5 gallon and the other in a 3 but the rest that I have to move still, I have 7 gallon pots for.
I was curious if you had any suggestions as to help not shock the next ones so bad?
I was gentle as possible with them. Well as gentle as you can with 4 ft plants. Rinsed roots in 6.5 ph very light nutrient mix that they are already used to in a tub and planted into the soil. Then watered the soil in with water, 6.5 ph as well.

Coming from hydro to soil is tricky. The will probably be fine. They do look a bit sick though. Good luck. I rarely get trans plant shock. When I do it is because I use to cold of water...takes a while but they always bound back.

Coming from hydro to soil is tricky. The will probably be fine. They do look a bit sick though. Good luck. I rarely get trans plant shock. When I do it is because I use to cold of water...takes a while but they always bound back.
🤞
Good thing I took clones about a week ago just in case!
But those are no where even close to as big.
Thanks pute

The roots seem so tightly packed from that picture. I have the feeling they have a sudden food deficiency. My reasoning, is that only the outer layer of the root plug is really in contact with medium. Under these circumstances, I would try instead of pots, to accommodate the existing root form as best possible. Have you ever grown tomatoes in tomato bags? Well. I'd get a tomato bag for each plant (I have grown 12ft sativas in the UK using this method) and cut a slit, get the roots in and as much as possible splay them out EG like a bow tie. Remove soil first so you can get the roots in the centre and then replace the medium and water well with the same mix you used in hydro, for the first couple of days. You will need to arrange vertical support. Once you get past the first week, I think, roots will occupy all parts of the bag and you will get fast growth resuming.
1625187005782.png

Should I leave them in the green house at 88 degrees? Or leave them inside for now with just with just window light for now?

The roots seem so tightly packed from that picture. I have the feeling they have a sudden food deficiency. My reasoning, is that only the outer layer of the root plug is really in contact with medium. Under these circumstances, I would try instead of pots, to accommodate the existing root form as best possible. Have you ever grown tomatoes in tomato bags? Well. I'd get a tomato bag for each plant (I have grown 12ft sativas in the UK using this method) and cut a slit, get the roots in and as much as possible splay them out EG like a bow tie. Remove soil first so you can get the roots in the centre and then replace the medium and water well with the same mix you used in hydro, for the first couple of days. You will need to arrange vertical support. Once you get past the first week, I think, roots will occupy all parts of the bag and you will get fast growth resuming.
View attachment 274705
Thanks I might try that.
was also wondering if I should cut some of the bad looking roots away?

I think you need to get roots into contact with medium, so I would be looking to "lift and separate".

Cutting a root ball is good. Look into advanced growing techniques sometime. Listen to leafminer. sounds like he has experience at this....I have never done hydro. You have a huge root ball to deal with.

Ab
Cutting a root ball is good. Look into advanced growing techniques sometime. Listen to leafminer. sounds like he has experience at this....I have never done hydro. You have a huge root ball to deal with.
Absolutely he didn’t get bud of the month for no reason! That’s why I’m here.
Thanks again everyone!

Latest posts

Back