Anybody familiar with smoking mj during pregnancy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420benny

Not lost, just exploring
Reaction score
My patient smokes for her Crohn's disease and is trying to get pregnant. She wants to know if she can still smoke mj and for how long once she is pregnant? She asked me to post the question here for her. Thank you. Pretty sure she is a light smoker, as in a couple hits a day.

No.
What does patient mean? If your a doc, shouldnt you know?
If your a "dispenser" to her. You should refuse to contribute out of the wellbeing of the infant. Something wrong with that child, its on your hands as well.

Someone wants a child. That child and its health should take priority over all else.

Sucks she has Crohns and all. Sorry to hear it. But she needs to take every step and measure possible to make sure her kid has the ability to live a rich, productive life.

tell her to use a vaporizer no smoke that way just thc mist

I know a few people who smoked during pregnancy their kids are fine. But they didnt drink or do anything else and smoked wayyyyyyyy less.

spearchucker, I don't even play a doc on TV! I am just an old hippy grower. In oregon you can be a caregiver for a "patient". Basically you grow their meds for them and are licensed to grow up to 6 plants for each "patient". She doesn't drink. I will pass on to her about the vaporizer. She is already a very good mom and wants good info before getting pregnant again.

Even with a vaporizer. The unborn will be feeling the effects.
She should consult her doctor first. Not be asking random people on a forum lol.
Have her make an appointment.

I own a vap and they are very cool. also less smell to deal with. a bit more incognito. lol. I dont reak when I smoke from those the way i do a pipe.

spear I hear what you are saying. I wouldnt ask her dr tho while admiting drug use. as a woman once you tell your dr you smoke it opens a whole can of worms. No bc pills. you smoke. No baby because now that we know we will test you at every apt and at birth and so on..I would have her ask it for a "friend". if she has toehr kids and the dr is a drug nazi he could call cps and imply harm to them.

Yeah vape or no vape she needs to see a doctor and consult with them....when I was born back in 68 my mom smoked cigarettes while pregnant with me and I am fine but it does not make it right…the child has to come first.

2Dog. Why would she need BC pills if she wants to get pregnant. :p

But she has a prescription. So the doctor isnt going to care. Doc says dont use, then dont use. Let them test for it, be clean, prove your going to be a good mom that puts their kid above all else.

Maybe she has a friend thats at the least a nurse she could ask.

I didnt even allow my wife to have caffeine during pregnancy, or anything else that wasnt 100% doctor approved.

see I told my dr I smoked ciggs when I was 18 ....for years they wouldnt give me bc pills. they still bring it up and it has been over a decade. she may need them once she gives birth unless she wants a Dugar family of 18.

There may be something in Granny Storm Crow's list but I'm on my way out for a bit. I'll check later.

Some very interesting answers. What else would I get from a bunch of stoners? lmao I passed the thread on to her and rec'd she ask the doctors at the Compassion Center what they think. You get completely different answers than you would get from a regular pill providing M.D. Thanks all for taking the time. She is going to laugh when reading these posts.

gee thanks benny lmao ;)'. I am waiting for some of the other ladies (ones with kids) to post their POV.

The health effects of marijuana on an unborn baby are far from an absolute.

When faced with something that could potentially harm her unborn baby, the Mother-to-be should ALWAYS go for the solution that poses the least risk to the baby.

That would be NOT smoking marijuana while pregnant.

This isn't rocket science.

To do anything else makes no sense when viewed with the unborn baby's health in mind.

Unless someone is just looking for an excuse to smoke during pregnancy regardless of any advice.

I'm sorry if I sound blunt, but when considering the health of an unborn child, it's time for bluntness, not excuses.

some medications for certain diseases cannot be taken while pregnant so for some patients MJ may be the lesser of two evils.

Copy/pasted from a similiar thread.

I have a friend who is a licensed midwife and I've asked her about this very thing.

While my personal opinion is that it's better to obstain during pregnancy, she said it can really help eleviate severe morning sickness and help with labor and delivery.

I never smoked anything during my 3 pregnancies. Whats 10 months of not smoking in the grand scheme of things? I take that back. I did have a 2 pk a day cig habbit when I got preg with my 1st. I quit almost immediately and still don't smoke those nasty things.

I wouldn't do it.

if it really is dangerous she shouldn't smoke while trying to get pregnant either.

Any Docter would recommend againts it - absolutely. My girlfreind is a Rn. Not that I'm any pro because of that but smoking should be avoided at all costs during pregnancy. IMO however, stress is under-estimated as one of the worst contributers to bad health. In saying that - if a pregnant lady is stressed to the point of being sick she should probably huff on the vaporizor once or twice to chill out. That does not make it healthy though - just better than the alternative in some situations. Best of luck.......it is medicine after all...

Latest posts

Back