Anybody familiar with smoking mj during pregnancy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why does everything have to be vaped or smoked....cook it no consumption of smoking byproducts like tar....
They have yet to find a -health issue from ingestion. Only time you here of really rock solid -effects is by smoking it.
Just a thought...not saying i think you should get high during tho. But most of the reports revolve around smoking/smoking while driving...the rest is speculation on what the long term effects are.
but I will say my wife was on bedrest with my child from 3 mos on. pre-term labor many many many trips to the hospital jsut to cram a drug into her. I finally said try it...it releived the pre-term labor. but i still think it wasn't the best of ideas...lack of sleep major stress and stuff does cloud the judgment to the point your willing to try anything.

Really Art?????

I had you pegged to announce your pregnancy anyday now.

thanks art interesting info..

Here's some more info I got from my patient. I haven't checked it all out yet, but it looks interesting
hxxp://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/#pregnancy

dman1234 said:
Really Art?????

I had you pegged to announce your pregnancy anyday now.

I am expecting twin satoris in a few weeks :) :blush:

I agree completely with Mutt. A little common sense says compare ingestion of mj to the prenatal issues that are routinely dealt with with prescription drugs (insomnia, high blood pressure, nausea, diabetes...). Nonetheless, pregnancy is serious business and whether or not to consume mj is just one of many, many decisions coming up. And probably not among the most important. My observation is I've never heard of any specific reports of pregnant women that consume mj having any problems whatsoever. And you can be sure if there were any cases, they would be all over the front page of every newspaper in the country.

Having said that, I would check out Granny Storm Crow's list and read what is relevant there. Don't forget to tell her thanks :). Then I would stop asking stoners for medical advice :):):) because we're happy to provide it.

Best wishes 420!

I wouldn't know how to react if someone asked me that. But if I gave it some thought I would probably respond by saying there is always risk of genetic or random disorders. Smoking marijuana while pregnant will only increase the chances of something adverse happening to the baby and should be avoided if possible. I've seen plenty of folks that smoked lightly while pregnant and the kids are healthy but then again I am not much of a gambler or a doctor either so take it for what's it worth. =)

If it came down to it...... it would be the safest alternative to a number of other things IMO ?

i would recommend low temp vaporizing.. like on a vapor bro's put it at about 11 o'clock.. 12 maximum.. take small rips dont overdo it.. more small rips as opposed to 1 big one.. the thc doesnt harm the baby i dont think.. some may say it may hinder some developement but i honestly dont think its a concern with moderation on her use..the real damage comes from the smoke itself.. which can cause respiratory problems as well as asthma or any other breathing problems.. id recommend a vapor bro's non-glass on glass vaporizer.. its the safest heating element and is specifically tested to have no toxins from any of the equipment used.. edibles may be ok but u cant really gauge your dose with those.. low temperature vaporizing there is literally no smoke/no tar at all.. just a fine mist..

oh and stick to indica strains.. sativa's will get your heart pumping and thats not the best 4 the baby either.. indicas will alleviate symptoms and keep u chill.. what id recommend is just take a small breath in and breathe out from the vape.. so u arent really doing more than breathing in and out with some thc vapor going in.. its not good to cough or struggle for breathe with the baby and u arent supposed to hold your breathe..

I've known several women that used MJ with no ill effects while prego to combat morning sickness. These women used very small amounts of MJ, just enough to stave off the morning sickness.

wow seriously...quitting pot for 9 months for the sake of the development of your child should not be a problem! Can’t believe you guys would suggest ingesting THC while pregnant in any form...questionable post judgment if you ask me. Doesn’t matter if she eats it, smokes it, or vapes it, all the same...

Don’t most women quite caffeine during pregnancy??? Good rule of thumb...if you can't have a Coke then you prob shouldn't take in mind altering substances while you’re trying to grow the most complex life form in the universe in your womb lol

Some people will defend MJ in any and all situations, I'm surprised some idiot has'nt suggested that weed may help with the pregnancy or the childs development yet...

as a side not I would say that in my opinion weed would still be much better than pillz...

Latest posts

Back