Anyone else concerned?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziggyross

ziggyross
Reaction score
So with all this spying by our government coming to light, is anyone worried about what they say on here? Paranoid or a Real concern.

I do get a bit paranoid mostly cause I fell like I could be prosecuted , but then again since I also know that I am not doing anything illegal by chatting on a forum it does not bother that much

crazy not to be a bit paranoid---mine fluctuates when thinking about either the fed or the state because staying within the state law is not a get out of jail free card for the fed---and---even on a state level---if the law wants to mess with you---they will---it's no skin off their nose to arrest first and ask questions later---i calm myself down by thinking that i am within state law and can't imagine the fed doesn't have more pressing issues to chase than my little self use medical grow

oh and then there is the constant reminder of theives

I'm not too concerned for myself. Being an old white guy I know that I am considered a true enemy to the state but hey they don't have the funds nor the priorities to come after every old SOB that grows a few plants a year for his own meds. It's extremely doubtful that they would waste their time on me as my level of involvement would probably end with a hand slap for a first offense. My concern is for the next generation. Anyone coming of age in this age of computers and the spying ability that goes with must be concerned.

If it was possible to track every phone conversation I've ever had or check or track every website or email address ever visited in my lifetime I would be a lot more upset. However I can toss my cell phone and my computer for that matter and finish my life in relative peace and comfort. For those who will spend the next several decades under the watchful eye of our masters being forced into the world of mass communication and information I feel a great sadness. At anytime in your life a political enemy (although there will only be one party allowed in time) or a government agency or a dickhead hacker, or a potential employer, spouse, you name it can 'pull up" your history and share it with the world or even the local judge.

I'm not just talking about websites involved in our shared Cannibus interest but medical history, sexual interests, voting history, financial history, and on and on. Terms like liberty, self reliance, personal responsibility, and even freedom itself are now scoffed at by younger generations and worse yet are drawing direct fire from the IRSS. So to answer the op's original question NO I'm not paranoid for myself but you guys are probably screwed.

dang sure makes ya think twice about posting pictures........... they know where you are...... who you talk to...... how long you talk....... where you go on the internet....... what you upload on the net...... they know your medical history....... the last time you saw your doc...... and to top it off...... the CIA/FBI has come out saying the can spy on you through your dishwasher........ oh...... they would love get your guns too. Yeah it scares the hell out of me.......... one thing holds true though....... "My cold dead hand" is the only way they'll get'em.

Makes me want to just throw my computer and cell phone out the window for good. I used to think that technology and progress was good. Now I wonder if we are really smart enough for all this technology.

Its too late for all the worries,,it happened long time ago. They know our every move if need be. I myself do not see the GOVERNMENT wasteing their time on PPL like us. None of us here are big time,,mostly personal,,a few big growers,,but they are mostly legal. And we (the MP family) are not Cartel. Hell there aint enough of us on this forum to worry with.

Like any tool, in the right or wrong hands can be a tool of destruction or a blessing.

That's why I'm not a huge fan of pic posting. I have a few on here but nothing like a whole grow log. And another thing of note, they're actively watching any information passing out of country, i.e. phone calls or even (jihadist) forums in another country...

The plain simple truth is the DEA is underfunded for such an endeavor such as going undercover on forums and hoping beyond hope to glean some sort of info as to where you may or may not of posted from. Whether you're a med grower in a legal state and whether or not you're a commercial mass grower looking to move product...

oh yeah and they're looking for any would-be "terrorists"....:rolleyes:

has anyone checked this sping stuff on scope.com ???

lovbnstoned :cool: :icon_smile:
ol stoner

after listening to the news and hearing all the angles on this........ including the coming out whisle blower in the NSA........ I feel like the govt doesn't even want to attempt to use any of this info stealing they got stored to come after JOE BLOW........ talk about a can of worms...... the attornies would be lineing up to defend you cause the civil suit on violation of constitutional rights would be BIG.

I can't pull off the Tin Foil on the head look so I try to avoid it. As in Nope, not overly worried. It can be abused but I don't think it will be, at least anytime soon. From what I understand the data is being held and a warrant would be needed to actually see it. I also don't think conversations are being recorded, just the data end of things, which with today's Smart Phones is everything except normal use of the phone. They would be able to tell who you called, how long the call lasted, etc. Basically the stuff people often snoop for when they think their significant other is cheating. :D. I could be wrong, especially since I also don't think they are coming for my guns. :)

I'm not worried. I'm sure they just didnt start recently keeping tabs on everyone.

now that the words guns was mentioned, I read the terms in the medical cannabis program I joined. It said nothing about guns from what I remember aside from if a person was caught selling there meds that it would be a felony and if convicted in a court of law the right to bare arms could be taking from that person. I personally don't apply do to already having that right taking from me many years ago, I face greater punishments from the law but since I do no wrong in my eyes I fell okay if I do share with a bud I dam near freak out needless to say it mkes me want to stick to myself.

bombbudpuffa said:
I'm not worried. I'm sure they just didnt start recently keeping tabs on everyone.

You know it Sir.

I look at it this way, no is trying to do anything about anything anymore. this country is way away from from what it used to b.
why complain when no one wants to do anything
its sad this used to b a great country,, now its a place where anyone can come here , n the first thing they say, is what n how much can I get , with out working ( that's sad )

ol stoner

good point there , lov

and like bbd said, it's not like they haven't been doing this for awhile. They were utilizing voice recognition software to id key words in conversations and track cells since before/during Clinton era.

we also have to redo Welfare. most of the people on it r just there to skip work. its a sad time, when all these kids want to do is sit on there thumbs ,, when there r people n familys that need , that r out on the street when they could b using it. I understand if someone can't work cause of disability or helping someone , that can't do for them selves. but we got to get the dead beats out, n the one that need it , in.
food stamps is another issue that is way out of control,, as well

ol stoner

Hamster Lewis said:
I can't pull off the Tin Foil on the head look so I try to avoid it. As in Nope, not overly worried. It can be abused but I don't think it will be, at least anytime soon. From what I understand the data is being held and a warrant would be needed to actually see it. I also don't think conversations are being recorded, just the data end of things, which with today's Smart Phones is everything except normal use of the phone. They would be able to tell who you called, how long the call lasted, etc. Basically the stuff people often snoop for when they think their significant other is cheating. :D. I could be wrong, especially since I also don't think they are coming for my guns. :)

Hammy

I think you're in for a very Rude Awakening in the not too distant future.:holysheep:

Denial is not just a river in Egypt and a little more paranoia might be healthy.:hubba:

Wet

Latest posts

Back