Anyone ever encounter this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strawberry Cough

Reaction score
Anyone ever encounter a plant that grows not two leaves per "level", but four leaves...naturally?

Hello Strawberry Cough :)

Get some pics to us so we can see it :aok:

Its always good to see a twist of nature.

:peace:

Just a genetic abnormallity nothing to be concerned about.

Specifically, if it has abnormal gene pairs, its polyploidy. You can look this up as a lot of info out there, though none of it really useful. Some genetic play is done w polyploidy within the comag business... apparently offspring can bring about stouter/more hardy plants that yield more. Nothing ever came from these experiments in mj.

There is also phylotaxy which just deals with leaf arrangements, regardless of genetic abnormality. Sometimes an mj plant will express odd phylotaxy yet not be polyploid. Sometimes this isn't clearly differentiated out there.

BTW, if in fact polyploid, then you have a tetraploid w 4 leaf/node sets. I had a triploid a few years ago & it was a very poor plant.

Peace brah.

here i am NB. LOL i slept all day :) still goin thru all the daily posts yet.
but hey i got one them 4 leaf ladies myself along wit 2 3leaf ladies. that would be as above said simply an abnormality/mutant/freak. but most will say they more likely to be male but i had three that went wat this is called "whorled tri-foliates" meanin 3leafs per node. and whorled tetra-foliates meanin 4 leafs per node.
some are confused as i wa at first and misinterpret them for wat are called polyploids which are seed that were chemically treated wit a chemical called "COLCHISINE"
hXXp://www.scribd.com/doc/9700900/Clarke-Robert-C-Marijuana-Botany-an-Advanced-Study THERES A READ FROM CLARKES MARIJUANA BOTANY THERE ON PAGE 30 REGARDIN THIS.
just if yours turns out to be female, i'd keep a close eye on her as i had one that did spring out couple pollen sacks but i caught them in time i hope and plucked them. but since then i chek daily an no more as of yet. so we'll see.
if ya interested i have a thread/journal goin on just my whorled freaks. its in my signature below. " whorled freaks"
they 4 wks into flower now.
but the leaf arrangement is called phylotaxy(sp?) and when you get more than the normal 2 leafs per node they to be considered "whorled" ie whorled phylotaxy and not to be confused wit the chemically treated/induced whorled "POLYPLOID"
my tetra(4leaf) lady is producing as i can see myself substantially more trichomes than the ret the tri-foliates and normal girls of same strain so who knows we may be sittin on top a pile of some primo potent bud. grow her out an see wat happens man.
btw. do you got any pix of teh plant and its nodes affected. i'd love to see them an im sure many others would find it interestin to see as well.
good luck wit ya whorled freak man. i know im havin luck wit mine :)

i had one but once it hit around 10" it split into two colas

The plant is from seed of a father who was tri-foliate crossed with a normal MJ plant. This plant is tri-foliate on the 4th level, and on 5th, 6th, and 7th tetra foliate (4). I see also in the 8th level it is also tetra forming.

The advantage with these types of plants is that when you top and the branches at the nodes begin to grow, it means increase in yield.

Pictures maybe later.

my tetra also has a couple tri nodes as well.
but the tri's all only have tri's
cant wait to see sum pix man.
good luk wit them

LOL
im curious to sere one wit that many affected nodes too cuz all my whorled girls only have like 3 nodes per plant that are affected but they all startin to stretch apart now makin 1 higher than the others. it lookin pretty funky tho.

Latest posts

Back