Anyone ever used this $20 PH tester???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew7

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking for a decent PH tester for Hydroponic but I don't really want to drop $130 if I can get this one for $20:
Milwaukee PH 600 Digital pH Meter/Tester, 0-14, New

Sooo -does anyone know if this thing works? Because if it does it's only about $23 delivered on Ebay -but I don't want to buy something that won't work either, and I'd heard that a good PH meter for hydro is around $130.

Thanks, Matt (and NO -I'm not the seller on Ebay trying to cram filthy spam down your digital throat ...just kinda' poor at the moment)

:holysheep: Thanks, Matt

Hello Matt :)

You will be fine with the 600 ;)

No need to spent high $$

Make sure you buy some PH 4.00 calibration solution.

The PH 7.01 sold as a calibration aid is best suited for soil, but as you want it for Hydro you need to have the 4.00 because that is closer to the range you will be working with.

I use something similar to this.

hXXp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BUFFER-7-and-4-pH-Calibration-Solution-Two-60ml-Cups_W0QQitemZ270540659315QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Fish?hash=item3efd7ada73

Change the XX to TT

:peace:

should work just fine matt,,
but as HIE said get some calibration solution!

I've got one.
Don't loose that dinky lil screwdriver that comes with it ....
But if you do, pick up an eye glasses replacement screw kit at a WalMart (or other) optical center... they come with a screwdriver that fits perfectly.

Thank you so much guys. That's exactly what I needed to know, Matt

yeah i do.. i run the cheapo.. cept mine was 17$ lol and it has storage and calibration solution.. have had it for a yr.. and dropped it in the water.. and she still works..
LH

Latest posts

Back