Anyone familar with Water Curing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcbud

Reaction score
Has anyone actually done this? I seem to remember reading a thread on it here. I hit search with "water cure" and got so many threads that had nothing to do with water curing, I gave up looking.

Anyone ever do it? and how? or know of the thread that discribes it?

thanks

I have and was really dissapointed! It removes the taste of the weed and ruins the bag appeal. You soak it in some water for 7 days changing the water daily, you can let the buds float on top of the water.

I read about it, was basically disenchanted when I heard about the taste issue :hubba:

I've used a water cure in the past, but not like that. Our way is to dry the buds completely, then submerge and dry again. You can repeat this several times, but once is enough. I never did it again to my harvest, but I've used it on bought bags several times.

Once in a while you'll get a local grower who doesn't stop fertilizing, or doesn't rinse before harvest. Or doesn't cure properly. You'll either have the chlorophyl taste, or a chemical taste. In this case I would recommend this type of water cure. The same goes for some commercial that tastes like arse. Simply submerge or spray until completely saturated, and then let it dry out just as if you just picked it. With commercial, you may have to do it several time to get the rot or packaging taste out of it.

Latest posts

Back